motu traveler problems

dzara 4

Hi, I recently bought a motu traveler to go along with with new Mac Pro.
Everything was nice and dandy until I started hearing clicks and pops.
I noticed that the s/pdif meters were fluxuating like crazy and causing these pops and clicks. Eventually the meters maxed and were producing a horrible digital noise. Nothing was hooked up to the S/pdif and I then tried everything the make the meters from flicking (disconnecting from computer, restoring to factory settings).Nthing worked. It seems completely random to me as why there a fluxating, then not, then maxing out. Does anybody have any inclination of why this might be happening or do I just have to return my traveler?

thanks

I've had a MOTU 2408, Mackie SDR, and a couple of Tascam TM-D1000s boards that didn't like to play well together on occasion... I'd sometimes experience something similiar if the clock was unstable... (usually from the tascams piggy backed through TDIF)

It would peg all 16 tracks on the mackie... and scream like a... well... you get the idea

studiomaster said:
What's the latency you're getting? Are you using the latest drivers?
Does your FW card have a T.I chipset?

I don't think Apple has ever shipped a computer that didn't use a TI FW chip, but I could be wrong.

I'm assuming that this is using Apple's built-in FW audio driver? Are you running the latest Mac OS X update? I think AppleFWAudio has been updated in at least one SU.

Beyond that, my guess would be an unstable sync source. Can you slave the other device to the MOTU instead of the other way around?

Back