Mackie vlz bus help?..

Jouni

Hello, I'm recording a band live via 1604vlzpro to a fostex 4-channel digirecorder.

2overheads and 2 guitars (stereo)-->bus1&2-->sub out1&2-->fostex1&2

2kicks, snare and bass (mono)-->bus3-->sub out3-->fostex3

vocals-->direct out-->fostex4.

That way I can separatly tweak some things at home.

There'd prolly be better plans ,but:

Does anyone know how can I make one stereo bus (1 and 2)
and TWO MONO busses (3 and 4)

manual tells that for a mono bus you engage both left and right at the sub out fader,..ok.
But you have to assign to bus 3AND4 from channel strip, so isn't it possible to send separatly to bus3/sub-out3/mono AND bus4/sub-out4/mono

Kinda like;
snare/kickdrums to mono-bus3 and bass/vocals to mono-bus4????

Why can't you use the subgroup outs on the Mackie? You would assign the channel strip(s) to 3/4 and use the channel pan control to send it to either 3(left) or 4 (right). I think the 1604 VLZ has low Z outs for the 4 subgroups.

I've thought of that.. not tried though.
But that would send the snare/kick all left and the vox/bass all right in Main mix??

..which would hinder the monitoring.. And main mix if gigging, but would work for recording since I can re-pan them at fostex..hmm.. Might try that.. Thanks, lets hope that works!! :o

I've thought of that.. not tried though.
But that would send the snare/kick all left and the vox/bass all right in Main mix??

..which would hinder the main mix if gigging, but would work for recording since I can re-pan them at fostex..hmm.. Might try that.. Thanks, lets hope that works!! :o

Back