line level splitter

composition4

Quick question - I want to go zero-latency for 12 channels. Gonna connect a splitter box between preamps' outputs and interface's inputs. Will the "loop" function on the below product degrade the signal in any way, in terms of impedance changing/noise etc? I want to connect the "loop" (which i believe is a direct out) to my interface, but I don't want any extraneous noise or signal problems...

Thanks!!

Features of the Horizon MS4 Mic/Line Splitter: Designed for use in both live and studio applications and any application requiring multiple mixes. This rugged single rack space unit is built with a cold rolled steel chassis for superior shielding (quiet) and durability (years of service). On the front panel, each channel on the MS-4 provides an XLR female input and isolated XLR male output (to keep each signal isolated from the other), a ground lift switch and a -20db pad switch (to cut back "hotter" line level signal if necessary). On the rear panel, each channel has an XLR input (your source can come in from front or back) as well as a "loop" output (non-isolated). The transformer isolation allows multiple splits without the undesirable effects of impedance drop or DC voltage leak between consoles or recording devices. This unit is like having four Horizon MS-1 splitters in a single rack space. Dimensions: 1 3/4" x 19" x 5".

What kind of interface do you have that doesn't offer zero latency? Ussually these things have direct monitor function so you are listening to the input instead of listening through the DAW.

Back