Joe Meek VC3Q

Have you had a chance to check out the VC3Q yet? I just got one of my VC3's back from Ted Fletcher (he had to replace the preamp chip and checked it out otherwise while it was there). Plugged a 57 into it last night just to quickly check the mic pre repair and I hear that wonderfully thick vocal sound through the monitors. :listeningmusic: :listeningmusic:

Dang - all this talk about the VC3 and I just realized that I forgot that I have one! It's a black lettered one.
And YES it is a GREAT unit. :thumbs up:

It didn't fire up :cursing:
However, The AT4033 that I got in the deal sounds real nice!

I have been corresponding with Ted Fletcher and it is on the way to the UK, as we speak.

JM1.jpg

It didn't fire up :cursing:
However, The AT4033 that I got in the deal sounds real nice!

I have been corresponding with Ted Fletcher and it is on the way to the UK, as we speak.

Cosmetically it is in great condition! Sorry to hear it didn't power up. Ted does the repair work personally, which is kind of cool, because who is going to know his designs better than himself?

.... because who is going to know his designs better than himself?

Amen Brother.

The box is pristine, hardly a fingerprint. I did notice a hairline crack in the AC socket. That may have been all there was to it. However, I am most happy to know that it will receive the once-over by Ted Fletcher. In this day and age, to find someone who will stand behind their product, is unbelievably refreshing. That made my day.

Dag nam it, every time there's a new comment on this thread i read it out of interest, think "ah man, i wish i had either a VC3Q or an MC-2" and then head straight to the evil bay and look at what's going. Normally this just ends in some gear lust, but as i'm working on a project at the moment where they've offered to buy me some gear rather than money (which i know i'd just waste on food & bills etc), this time my venture to the bay may not just be fruitless looking. What's a reasonable price for the VC3Q in good condition?

In the UK - not sure. But here in the US anywhere from $100. - $150. used.

I am a firm believer of never paying more than half price of the original new price while purchasing a used anything. ;)

Cool, i was thinking around the £100 mark as a fair price and as the rest of the new joe meek desktop range is around £200 that falls nicely into the "half the new price used" :)

gosh darn it, just watched one go for £77 on evil bay and then watched another not sell at all. stupid work firewall crap, why won't you let me on ebay! :cursing:

Ya gotta call a friend or the misses at home to get those deals from work. Have them bid on the item for you.

Joe came home, from his trip abroad, to Ted's Sound House. :D

TF wrote"...it was a component failure in the power supply; fortunately it had failed completely and did not cause any other failures in the audio circuits."

gosh darn it, just watched one go for £77 on evil bay and then watched another not sell at all. stupid work firewall crap, why won't you let me on ebay! :cursing:

I had that once, and got around it by opening ebay in canada, (ebay.ca) which was not on the blocked list. Once in, I was able to search items in my country from there. May be worth a try.

Joe came home, from his trip abroad, to Ted's Sound House. :D

TF wrote"...it was a component failure in the power supply; fortunately it had failed completely and did not cause any other failures in the audio circuits."

I swear I think he polished mine while it was there. :) I know there is a new inspection sticker he put on it. It's cool that he backs his designs and is a total gentleman about things.

Have you had a chance to play with it yet? Pretty awesome-sounding boxes, man.

More- It was a quick turn-around. After being unable to track its delivery, I emailed TF. He said it arrived that day, already had it diagnosed, repaired and running a soak test on it. It was back by Thursday, with a new "inspected by TF" sticker.

Seeker- I did fire it up this weekend. WoW- I am impressed. It has more than enough gain to make my SM7B sing, at far less than full gain. That impressed me. So far, I am happy that you and More talked me in to buying it. I may need that room with the lava lamp though.

Seeker- I did fire it up this weekend. WoW- I am impressed. It has more than enough gain to make my SM7B sing, at far less than full gain. That impressed me. So far, I am happy that you and More talked me in to buying it. I may need that room with the lava lamp though.

They are powerful pres for sure, with a great sound. I have a small collection of old Joemeek gear I'm slowly building. :)

Same here! You got any doubles you care to part with?

Nah, not right now.:) A few weeks ago I bought a second VC3 gold-letter edition to match the one that was repaired. Not a "matching pair" in serial #s, but they didn't really make matching pairs anyway. Serial #s were sequential for everything they manufactured, not just particular models, so they were usually out of order. But I like seeing the VC3s side-by-side on their rack. :thumbs up:

Back