Interesting Converter Comparisons ...

well I listened to a few seconds on both tests. The cheapo one was a contendor for me on the first and number two was making a case on the second test. The big money 3 otion always sounded pretty good but never seemed to make a case for the blue ribbon, maybe because it was at the bottom of the list.

What did you use for the DA?

Looping through da to ad 4 times makes this kind of a test of who can make scrambled audio sound the best, which might come down to who has the most endearing hyped response.

Interesting test that seemed to highlite the crappy box. Still I think a parrallel conversion of revealing source material would be a better test.

A useful exercise, IMO. The thing I'm curious about is what actually makes the difference. Does it actually have anything to do with the converters, or is it merely a difference in the performance of the analog circuitry on each end? Not that it matters as to which one to use, as is, but it might point out options to upgrade a cheaper unit to better analog performance and thus better sound.

Cheers,

Otto

Back