I found a use for my BBE862!!!!

CJWalker

For a while I did regret buying this thing until tonight...We just got finished an indoor drumline performance, and ofcourse I wanted to hear a recording!!! I didnt stay around to see I could catch some of the copy for the CD which is a DAT recorded with AT4033s.

You all know that camcorder mics really suck. So being bored I went downstairs to screw around with the miniDV copy. I ran it through EQ, Exapander to keep out background noise and a compressor to boost the level.
Anyway, to get to the point...I ran the audio through the BBE and actually managed to pull out that missing bass response that is never on my camcorder mic...This thing is goin in my video rig!!!!
Sorry, for rambling!!

This is exactly why I never get rid of my old equipment. No matter how pathetic I think a device is, I always seem to find something that it can do fairly well.
My Alesis NanoCompressor for example is a horribly disappointing piece of equipment for everything except bass guitar during tracking. So I keep it around, just for that.

Now, now, CJ,

Careful there. You wouldn't believe how often Radio Shack can save the day for many musicians, especially, though not only, those of us in small towns with no music store. And, often, late at night, while setting up for a gig, Radio Shacks at malls are open to 9 or 10 p.m. when most music stores close at 5 or 6. Don't get me wrong, Radio Shack cheapie cable will never replace Monster Cable, but it is better than nothing. And almost nobody else carries as many connectors and adapters as Radio Shack. They serve their purpose, otherwise they wouldn't be open. As for the quality of their equipment, almost everything is made for them by different companies--mics are Shure; consumer audio is RCA-Thompson; mixers and pro audio is Samson; headphones are Koss; etc. You get the drift. And they have much lower return rates then the companies that supply there stuff because Radio Shack has an extra quality assurance inspection at each of their manufacturers. And, no, I don't work at Radio Shack, but a friend of mine owns one and has shown me alot of there store owner info. sheets.

Peace, Jim

Back