Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Here it is again.....

127Riot is offline Newbie
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Cool Thanks, I just set up a sound click page. here is the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/127riotstudio

I guess it's going to be in lo-fi until they clear the mp 3

These are raw drum tracks from a band I recorded. I have listed what gear/ mic's these drums were tracked with. I will be putting up some of the analog recordings as well.

Be honest but Please remember this is from my home studio.

Thanks
    Amy

NL5
    NL5 is offline Unpossible!
    Those sound pretty decent for a home studio, except for the cymbals - what happened to the cymbals?
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -B.F.

SonicAlbert is offline Super-Sonic "Herb" Albert
    Quote Originally Posted by 127Riot
    Can I get a better sounding mix using the adat option with the rosetta or going all analog? Yes
    This is such a standard way of working I'm not sure why you started a thread about it.

Also, are you using a really good word clock like a Big Ben, for example? I think you'll find that improves teh sound of the Digi 002.

I use a UA 2192 as my main stereo converter, and as the master word clock for my studio. When I use my 002R it is clocked to the UA and really doesn't sound bad. I usually monitor from the 002R main outs when using it, and while I prefer my Benchmark DAC-1 the 002R converters are quite usable. Not the best, but not as bad as you are describing them either.

That's my opinion anyway.

I'm not sure I have been working on my room. Also I started using the 414's and that helped alot. Does it sound like bad placement?

Quote Originally Posted by SonicAlbert
    This is such a standard way of working I'm not sure why you started a thread about it.

Also, are you using a really good word clock like a Big Ben, for example? I think you'll find that improves teh sound of the Digi 002.

I use a UA 2192 as my main stereo converter, and as the master word clock for my studio. When I use my 002R it is clocked to the UA and really doesn't sound bad. I usually monitor from the 002R main outs when using it, and while I prefer my Benchmark DAC-1 the 002R converters are quite usable. Not the best, but not as bad as you are describing them either.

That's my opinion anyway.
    I am not using a master clock. I commonly use the rosetta through the adat of the 002. when tracking digital. This way I bypass the 002 converters. The drum tracks on the sound click mp3 was all the 002 with the octopre through the adat if I remember correctly. But not sure.
    Btw All i was trying to say was the prootools software is a great software. I would just like to see it matched up with better hardware. I have ran many a and b test's on audio signals. I can hear a major difference between 002 and other converters. They're not the worst.
    Thanks

pandamonk is offline Three Thousand and Counting
    Quote Originally Posted by studiomaster
    If you can't produce music sonically decent using a 002, then you can't do shit. A dude with a Soundblaster is worth more.
    Thanks very much. I do try

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information