Having some trouble

czero

Hi, recently been trying to do some podcasting but while trying to get my equipment running I've been having some problems. I have a xp-202 sound preamp and a behringer c-3 condensor microphone. Everything has been running fine through the preamp, but whenever I try and plug in the mic I get nothing. The light that should indicate the power is on will not even start. I'm really at a loss, I've gone through the instructions in the manual step by step but have just had no luck. Any suggestions?

Alot of problems would just be solved if you would just take the behringer stuff back to the store and get an SM58 or something.

Right now I'm trying to avoid spending any more money if I can. If it comes down to it I'm willing too but if it's at all possible I want to try and get the behringer to work.

The Behringer c-3 is a condenser mic which means that it needs 48 volts to function. Depress the 48v button on the preamp and this should bring your mic to life. That is what we call phantom power.

Good luck.

Rawdepth, gave it a shot and the mic's still not getting power. Thank you very much though, at this point I think the preamp itself might have been damaged in delivery. I'm going to try hooking up another condensor mic and see if I'm still not getting any power. Again, thanks for the help.

Id borrow a mic and try to see if it works or not...Behringer has a reputation of only half of thier stuff working properly...I wouldnt have any of it in my studio.:rolleyes:

Back