Furman Power Conditioner

ThaArtist

Kind of an off the wall question, maybe even stupid but I just wanted to make sure. I'm kind of an energy saving nut since I got married and have to pay more bills. lol

Anyway so if I leave my power conditioner plugged in but off is that using any energy?

I would assume its not since I would think it works like a power strip in that you flip the switch and it cuts off all power to the system. Anyone know if any energy is used when its plugged in but flipped off?

oh and its a model m-8 if that even remotely helps...

Thanks!

No, it's still using a bit of current as the line voltage indicator is always on. But the amount is likely insignificant compared to, say, your refrigerator or A/C unit. Even your toaster will draw more current in a single use than the Furman will when switched off.

Hey, one more thing if ya dont mind... since you seem to know about electricity... is there a device I can plug stuff into to see how much electricity its using and kinda get an idea or even calculate the cost of it? I know electricity charges vary etc. but still... I always wondered that.

Thanks!

Yes, there are a few devices out there. One handy little unit is called the Kill-A-Watt made by p3international. I have two of these I bought on eBay. Another of my hobbies is conservation and alternative energy… wind, solar, etc. so these come in really handy and work very well.

It tells you your house voltage, watts, amps, Hz and usage in kilowatt-hours over whatever time you want to monitor. Great for the studio as well… wish I had one years ago.

http://p3international.com/products/special/P4400/P4400-CE.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320136844105

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130135091565

:)

Kind of an off the wall question, maybe even stupid but I just wanted to make sure. I'm kind of an energy saving nut since I got married and have to pay more bills. lol

Anyway so if I leave my power conditioner plugged in but off is that using any energy?

I would assume its not since I would think it works like a power strip in that you flip the switch and it cuts off all power to the system. Anyone know if any energy is used when its plugged in but flipped off?

oh and its a model m-8 if that even remotely helps...

Thanks!
It took WAY more electricity to post this than your Furman does. hahahaha

some electric companys are now offering a free plug in device,, so you can see how much their gouging you for in "real time".

like a bank making money off you in $100's of fee's and then they give you a free ink pen with their logo on it.

I wouldn't worry about a Furman's power consumption?
as someone already said there's many other things in your house sucking your
pocket dry.

power to the people...?

I wouldn't worry about a Furman's power consumption?
as someone already said there's many other things in your house sucking your
pocket dry.

And thats why every little bit helps. But really my computer/ homely recording setup is the main thing that sucks our energy besides our fridge. Everything else I keep unpluged or throw a switch on and off on a powerstrip.

Anything that is plugged in will use some electricity, not enough to worry about. The thing is, this goes for everything. I would image that keeping a toaster pluged in would be the exact same thing, or lamp. So keep that in mind.

Back