dbx 166a Problem

bass51

I have a dbx 166a that's not working or it may not be set up correctly. I want to use it for my bass guitar. I have connected to the effects loop of my GK bass amp (see attachment). What would you suggest is a simple test to verify operation? What should happen when power is applied to it? Should the meters display any activity. I currently have no output at all.

Attachments

• 400rb (Medium).jpg
    400rb (Medium).jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 54
It won't even pass the signal in by-pass?

It will pass a signal in bypass. I also connected my bass to the input and the output to the input of my amp, no output. I've tried sending a line level signal from CD player and digital recorder. Still no output. There's no activity at all on the gain reduction meters. I'm thinking it probably need to be repaired but I wondering is it worth it or should I try to find another one used.

Sounds like you'd want to make some calls to see if repairs are an option, cost vs replacement.

Sounds like you'd want to make some calls to see if repairs are an option, cost vs replacement.

dbx authorized service center wants $60 to find out what's wrong plus whatever the repair cost. I think I'm going to check out ebay.

Back