chicago used rack equiptment?

There really isn't much.

There's Music-go-round in my hood on Milwaukee and Wabansia. Guitar Center might carry a few things from time to time, and there's one place on Irving Park that's kind of tucked away and I can't think of the name (sorry) -- but I've already bought everything they've had that's even remotely useful. If you're looking for stores that carry good, used audio gear, I'm afraid you'll be pretty disappointed. I'd recommend ebay, Craigslist or Chicago Reader.

I dont think you will find anything better than the ones right here in Bloomington, Normal. And then there is peorias guitar center. which is close.

hey chessrock

My main goal was to pick up a Mindprint Envoice MkII channel strip. I wanted to pick this up new if possible and shop for other used stuff too. I will search online and see if they have any dealers up their. Where did you get yours chess? They have some used rack gear at Midwest Stereo pro sound and lighting on 2806 n. clark(773-929-5523). I picked up a compressor and a lexicon 2 weeks ago from them. They will try to tax you if you dont know what your doing, But if you do you can talk them down.

Has anyone ever been to a sam ash store? It was on my list to hit up this weekend. They stock some mindprint on the online store but no MKII. I see they have 3 locations in CHI.

As far as i know we only have 3 places in bloomington. (1)we have samuel music which has nothing in stock(they took 2 weeks to get my tascam 1082). (2)We also have The Music store. The only rack equiptment they have is one furman power conditioner that has been on the shelf for 6 months at least.(3) the pawn shops. The only rack gear i found was cheap behringer gear that was overpriced(almost retail) and beat to shit.

The place Chessrock couldn't think of is Midwest Buy and Sell and it's at 6019 Irving Park Rd.

They won't have the Mindprint that you seek, but may have some other choice pieces. When they have good stuff they sell it for a fair price but they don't always have good stuff.

*Spelling Police arrives*

There's only one "t" in "equipment" and that's the one at the end.

Carry on.

*Spelling Police leaves*

start calling studios and ask what they have in the closet they want to get rid of......

this has been a real good resorce for a friend of mine who put a live sound operation together just by doing this...i picked up a mixer this way.....

worth a try:)

MadAudio said:
*Spelling Police arrives*

There's only one "t" in "equipment" and that's the one at the end.

Carry on.

*Spelling Police leaves*
Now that was funny. No need to leave i am sure i will fuck up again. :D
It goes hand and hand with being part dyslexic. Sometimes i write an 8 instead of w, Sometimes my E's are not facing the right way......etc. Oh well so was Einstein so i don't feel bad.

It's worth checking Craigslist I'd say-- big city and all. I get good deals buying (and selling actually) there.

*spelling helper has arrived*

Get Firefox 2.0 (or whatever the latest release is)

It puts a little red line under misspelled words when typing in these boxes, like just now I misspelled release, it put a line under it, I right clicked the word it gave me the correct spelling, I clicked it and went along typing this in. Won't help if you try to spell myderbyisbroken in all one word, but it helps me a lot as I misspell a lot.

*spelling helper up, up, and away*

undergroundtoon said:
Has anyone ever been to a sam ash store? It was on my list to hit up this weekend. They stock some mindprint on the online store but no MKII. I see they have 3 locations in CHI.
Sam "Ass" it is often affectionately referred to.
There's one near me in White Plains, NY and I believe that the "flagship" store is in NYC. Everything that is bad about Guitar Center plus an inferiority complex in relation to same. Still there's one guy at the WP store who I've found to be reasonable, otherwise it seems to be staffed by employees who couldn't make the grade at GC (there's one < 10 miles from the Sam Ash).
Welcome back man incidentally :D

kojdogg said:
Sam "Ass" it is often affectionately referred to.
There's one near me in White Plains, NY and I believe that the "flagship" store is in NYC. Everything that is bad about Guitar Center plus an inferiority complex in relation to same. Still there's one guy at the WP store who I've found to be reasonable, otherwise it seems to be staffed by employees who couldn't make the grade at GC (there's one < 10 miles from the Sam Ash).
Welcome back man incidentally :D
I've been to the Sam Ash in NYC, back before GC was a contender, and they were the WORST! Imagine a bunch of Guidos (pardon the use of a slur) working at GC and there you have it!

i was about to say Gand. i just drive thru chicago...(hello dempster street.....)

as i drove by gand i remembered buying a d12 and tascam M520...and almost buying an otari mx70...

Mike

overspent

I dont have enough for the mindprint now(damn). I will need to wait for the next check to go hunting in chi. I spent too much on ebay. I got 2 things

Bellari RP220
JOE MEEK VC1Qcs

I am sure i will find a use for both of them.

Back