Behringer Shark DSP110 question

Mr Funk

Hello

I've been getting more work doing small PA's singing over instrumental house tunes etc. Sometimes they just want me to plug into the in house sound system and feedback is sometimes an issue.

I have been using an AKG C535eb condenser, which I realise is probably adding to the feedback issues, so I've just got myself a Sennheiser e845s for £24 (new) inc P&P off Ebay! I'm hoping this will help?

Anyway, I've also been considering a feedback elimiator/surpressor like the behringer DSP1124P, FBQ2496 or Shark DSP110. The latter would be a cool little box to have, as it also has a mic pre with 48v phantom power, noise gate, comp etc, as well as feedback eliminator, and is very small and could save me taking my Behringer UB1204FX Pro mixer to some of these little gigs.

Although I realise that the mic pre's in the UB mixers are not fantastic (I have a Buzz Audio MA-2.2 in my rack), thay are perfectly acceptable for the little gigs I do. Is the mic pre in the Shark any worse than in the UB mixers? If so, I'm wondering if I should just get a Sabine Feedback Destroyer or behringer DSP1124 or FBQ2496?

I know that the FBQ2496 has an "learn" function which runs a test on the PA, identifying and eliminating the feedback frequences, which sounds great. Does anyone know if the DSP1124p or DSP110 have the same function?

Thanks

FORGET THE SHARK!! If anything it causes feedback. I bought one and used it one night during a band practice and it SUCKED!!!

Sabine is a company to look into. They have much better gear for notching out problem frequencies. Sure they cost more but, you'll be shooting yourself in the foot with that crappy shark DSP junk. Heck, a good 31 band EQ would do better than a shark for stopping feedback.

Back