Behringer eurorack sx2442fx (what has been your experience?)

Fireflysound

I recently had been looking at a behringer mixer online. Shame on me, but money is tight and it really was a hell of a deal for what it was. It had been a store model for "One short demo". After receiving the mixer I plugged it in with a channel for an acoustic electric and a phantom powered vocal mic. I added just a titch of reverb to smooth out the mix, shortly after a horrible explosive noise started happening with flickering of the effects displays. I turned it off and back on after turning down all the effects knobs, After this process I got the bad noise to stop, but now the display does not show up, only flickers from time to time and there is a clicking noise in the mix if any of the effects levels are turned up. I also can visibly see a tick on the PFL meter, the noise is not so bad at this point.

Has anyone had the same experience?
What have your experiences been with behringer mixers?
Is it worth sending in to fix?

behringer mixer exp

I recently had been looking at a behringer mixer online. Shame on me, but money is tight and it really was a hell of a deal for what it was. It had been a store model for "One short demo". After receiving the mixer I plugged it in with a channel for an acoustic electric and a phantom powered vocal mic. I added just a titch of reverb to smooth out the mix, shortly after a horrible explosive noise started happening with flickering of the effects displays. I turned it off and back on after turning down all the effects knobs, After this process I got the bad noise to stop, but now the display does not show up, only flickers from time to time and there is a clicking noise in the mix if any of the effects levels are turned up. I also can visibly see a tick on the PFL meter, the noise is not so bad at this point.

Has anyone had the same experience?
What have your experiences been with behringer mixers?
Is it worth sending in to fix?

I was thrilled with the operation of the 4 xlr version and found a similar deal that you found. a "demo" sx2442fx usb. that still had that "new car" smell! Being pleased with a test outing (an acoustic with a powered mike) I now use the 4 xlr one to sub mix the drums and send to the 24 with great results!

Back