Behringer Digital DEQ1024 Equalizer....?

superspit

idiots unite!
G'Day Guys....
Dont' let the name put you off, I have a valid question to those who actually own one of these units or have experience running them...

Does it sux or should I buy's the fooking thing....I can get it for 239 buh.:p

It would appear that, by looking at the specs, and it's price point that it's quite good value....I would throw it onto the master section of my desk, replacing the current onboard 8 slider Alto EQ section. (which is fine, but quite limited).

So, there you go kokomo!....whatdoyareckon???
Oh, by the way...Behringer Bashers? that's fine, but looking for constructive more than the bash....:):p
Thanx!!
Kindest Regards,
Spit.

Attachments

• DEQ1024_per sml.jpg
    DEQ1024_per sml.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
hehehe...:eek:.
I couldn't help myself....I have one arriving next week...price is just too good.
I'll give it a review, if nothing else....looks pretty but!!!..:)

Thanx.
Superspit.

Yah it has all kinds of sliders and lights and stuff...ooooooo....:D

Good luck with it Spit!!:)

Hey True!!...man!....what your doin'?

My new (upcoming) unit?....yeah, it looks all fancy crazy like....If nothing else, it'll go towards the starship Enterprise bridge look.:D
....we'll see how it goes....I've been quite lucky so far with the brand!!
oh...except for my Ultramiser, my Composer, oh...my 8 way AC ditributor..etc....oh..shit!....what have I done?:eek:
Regards,
Spit.

As long as you stay away from their mic pres, you should be fine with most of their gear. It is good to hear that you have not gotten any lemons.

I've got one I'm using with my PA for fighting feedback in a small rehearsal room and for this it works great. Mostly I like that the offending frequency lights up making it easily identified by red LED's and that the 0/-24 fader range option allows you to cut way deeper than most EQs to help eliminate it. This works so good in fact, that the auto feedback function rarely gets tapped. Beyond that I find the LO and HI cut filter also very useful.

Everything else to me was just a bonus for what I needed it for and not really used but suspect the digital option might prove most useful down the road in a recording environment. Sound seems quiet and transparent as far as I can tell.

Overall, A good little swiss army knife of an EQ IMHO, and yes, it would probably integrate well aboard the Starship Enterprise which we all know is the highest priority of any gear.

Last edited:
I've got one I'm using with my PA for fighting feedback in a small rehearsal room and for this it works great. Mostly I like that the offending frequency lights up making it easily identified by red LED's and that the 0/-24 fader range option allows you to cut way deeper than most EQs to help eliminate it. This works so good in fact, that the auto feedback function rarely gets tapped. Beyond that I find the LO and HI cut filter also very useful.

Everything else to me was just a bonus for what I needed it for and not really used but suspect the digital option might prove most useful down the road in a recording environment. Sound seems quiet and transparent as far as I can tell.

Overall, A good little swiss army knife of an EQ IMHO, and yes, it would probably integrate well aboard the Starship Enterprise which we all know is the highest priority of any gear.

Man...thanx a million for your ace review....now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!
Glad you knew what i was talking about on the starship look,hehehe!
Thanyou sincerely.:)
Superspit.

It's horrible...it, it, it's CRAP!

G'Day Guys....
Dont' let the name put you off, I have a valid question to those who actually own one of these units or have experience running them...

Does it sux or should I buy's the fooking thing....I can get it for 239 buh.:p

It would appear that, by looking at the specs, and it's price point that it's quite good value....I would throw it onto the master section of my desk, replacing the current onboard 8 slider Alto EQ section. (which is fine, but quite limited).

So, there you go kokomo!....whatdoyareckon???
Oh, by the way...Behringer Bashers? that's fine, but looking for constructive more than the bash....:):p
Thanx!!
Kindest Regards,
Spit.

OK...AS FAR AS 'STUDIO' USE IS CONCERNED...
THIS UNIT OFFICIALLY SUX....NOTHING BUT A FANCY LIGHT SHOW THAT BREATHES TO THE BEAT OF YOUR MUSIC...
I NO LIKE HIM!...HIM CAN FUCK OFF!
It goes back to the shop tomorrow, it is ridiculous...and so am I for purchasing it.

......and to my friends, please don't get this particular model unit for your home studio...it is totally silly putty.

Anyways,
Kindest Regards,
Spit.

Thanx!!
Kindest Regards,
Spit.

---------------------------------

THIS UNIT OFFICIALLY SUX....NOTHING BUT A FANCY LIGHT SHOW THAT BREATHES TO THE BEAT OF YOUR MUSIC...
It goes back to the shop tomorrow, it is ridiculous...and so am I for purchasing it.

......and to my friends, please don't get this particular model unit for your home studio...it is totally silly putty.

Anyways,
Kindest Regards,
Spit.

Welcome to the "B-Bashing" club. :D

Anyways,
Kindest Regards,
Spit.

Bummer dude. What happened? Everybody knows Berry stuff has lots of lights and buttons, but.....what about its actual performance were you specifically dissatisfied with?

Hope you didnt spring for it based on my review alone, but I still stand by the statement that it makes a highly effective feedback destroyer in a PA system (which is all I use it for).

Problem with alot of Behringer gear though is that they usually try to cram a lot of extra features into a single unit in order to boost sales which often leads to dissapointment based more on the limited performance of those little extra features than of the units primary function itself. (As an example, you cant realistically expect that its single knob gate and limiter could ever outperform or replace a standalone unit). Thats why I considered anything extra beyond its EQ and feedback suppression just a bonus if you got anything more out of it.

Let us know what you end up with instead...........I'll definately be keeping mine.

Last edited:
I think this thread needs to be moved to the newbies section as a STICKY.

hehehehe.....I thought this might send a few waves out there!....at least I got some response!!!!

Fishmed...Newbie?.....Sticky?...maybe not a bad idea....see you there!:p

I think this is best suited to a 'live' application, it is just too noisy for anything other than that.

The fact that the sliders utilizes digital circuitry as opposed to potentiometers threw me immediatly, they are slow to react (slower than pots) and arrive at their set levels alot slower.
The Stereo Enhance controls seemed to do little more than add more noise and program material concurrently, the gate and limiting always seemed to be 'on', so compression or some sort of limiting was taking place at all times.

Basically, within 30 minutes I found that my stuff was sounding better with the 'by-pass' switch on!!

So there you go....hypocracy at it's best.
Generally,I am not a B-Basher, I have some other 'B' stuff that is just fine....but this particular unit sux cox, technically speaking.

Regards,
Superspit

Last edited:
Bummer dude. What happened? Everybody knows Berry stuff has lots of lights and buttons, but.....what about its actual performance were you specifically dissatisfied with?

Hope you didnt spring for it based on my review alone, but I still stand by the statement that it makes a highly effective feedback destroyer in a PA system (which is all I use it for).

Problem with alot of Behringer gear though is that they usually try to cram a lot of extra features into a single unit in order to boost sales which often leads to dissapointment based more on the limited performance of those little extra features than of the units primary function itself. (As an example, you cant realistically expect that its single knob gate and limiter could ever outperform or replace a standalone unit). Thats why I considered anything extra beyond its EQ and feedback suppression just a bonus if you got anything more out of it.

Let us know what you end up with instead...........I'll definately be keeping mine.

Hi NRS,
no mate, it wasn't your review entirely....I was reading a fair bit about this unit for the past few days...it seemed fine on paper!

I liked your comments, and agree that they do 'cram' shit in!!!.....
And that this unit would be fine for 'live' stuff, when set to 'Auto scan'.

I will go for a simpler/specific unit, that does just what I want it to do, no more/less!!

Thanx for all the responses guys!!

Regards,
Spit.

Yea, Behringer stuff usually looks decent on paper.

Incidentally, I bought a Virtualizer Pro used at GC about a year ago, and the standard reverbs actually sound halfway decent. I don't use a lot of lush reverb, its mostly for a little body behind vocals, acoustic guitar, etc. - but it doesn't give that digital, metallic sound to the tail of the 'verb.

On the other hand, my old UB2222FX/PRO mixer was noisy as Hell. Tossed it in leu of my Yamaha, but still chain in the Behringer reverb since the 'verb on the Yamaha effect channel is trash.

Yea, Behringer stuff usually looks decent on paper.

Incidentally, I bought a Virtualizer Pro used at GC about a year ago, and the standard reverbs actually sound halfway decent. I don't use a lot of lush reverb, its mostly for a little body behind vocals, acoustic guitar, etc. - but it doesn't give that digital, metallic sound to the tail of the 'verb.

On the other hand, my old UB2222FX/PRO mixer was noisy as Hell. Tossed it in leu of my Yamaha, but still chain in the Behringer reverb since the 'verb on the Yamaha effect channel is trash.

Hi CBM,
yep, I too am very happy with my Virtualizer Pro....! (for the price point)

Is it not unfortuneate that for every good piece of gear you get from this brand, there is often 2 not so good ones?...or so it seems.

Anyways,
Cheers,
Spit.

.....AND THE SAGA CONTINUES!!....oh frigg it!
I returned that equalizer, no problems, the shop guys understood (one even told me that he expected me back!!...sheeeet!)
I'll look around for some other eq's in the near future.

Now, I did some research on the Behringer Multicom MDX4600 quad compressor, so I swapped the eq for that and got some change in my pocket from the transaction....ok I thought, this is ok, I needed a basic compressor(s) anyway...and some new guitar strings.

Got home, plugged her in, she lit up like a tree, and I thought woohoo, warp factor 9......set 4 seperate channels of recorded drum kit into the desk, connected said compressor via track inserts from my desk, set the controls to the suggested starting point, and thought...geeeesh, where have you been all my life. It sounded good!!......then channel 4 started cracking up, then 3, then 2 then 1 lost it's control responses and the lamps started flickering on 2,3,4!!!...this was an avionics 'stall warning' at it's best!!! (shit all over aircrash investigations!!)...I bailed.
So....guess what I'm doing again tomorrow!!??...yep...

scream at the top of my lungs,
"I'm sick of this and I'm not going to take it anymore!"....

then laugh.

Regards,
Superspit.

Last edited:
Back