ART dual mp question

Well my dual mp came yesterday (yipee) and it seems pretty neat. It's bigger and heavier than I had expected, and it definitely makes a better sound than my Mackie. The question I would like to pose is this;
If I plug a Fender Strat directly into the unit, no effects, just straight in, and turn the input level all the way up with the 20db button pushed in, can I possibly harm the unit? Like the red clip light would be blasting away most of the time. I wouldn't think any harm would occur, but don't want to push it, ya know? Anyone?

I'm going to elaborate on this topic here and ad that I did crank the unit like this for a short while and now the left clip light doesn't get as bright as the right clip lite. Not a big difference, but enough to make me wonder.

[This message has been edited by monty (edited 04-21-2000).]

Sorry you blew your speaker. I'm just talking about having the INPUT of the mp up full blast, but the OUTPUT way down to comfortable listening level.

[This message has been edited by monty (edited 04-21-2000).]

You can crank the input level all the way up on the ART with no ill effects to the unit. The sound may not be all that hot, but it will not hurt the unit.

Ed

Sonusman, thanks very much for your input. I'm not really going to use it in that manner, but my e-mail will explain my concern. The unit seems to give me a better sound when I'm mixing down also. Either that or I'm hearing what I want it to sound like. I think I'll record with, and without the unit, and do a blind comparison just see if I'm really hearing what I think I am.

Back