Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: American Musical Supply Payment plan?

jeff0633 is offline Dedicated Member
    Thanks

American Musical Supply Payment plan?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi folks. I have been buying a ton of Gear from American Musical supply. Their payment plan lets you pay one thrid down on items under a 1000 dollars and the unit ships right out, no credit check or anything. I have spent a lot of money there the last six months (Atomic modelling amp, Peavey 15 in sub, Yamaha powered mixer, Highway one strat, and now a Zoom mrs-802 recorder. This payment plan of theirs has me spending big bucks with them. My question is, are there any other online stores that have a no credit check payment plan? Seems I remember some music store in Memphis doing this online, but I can't remember. I like this type plan, and I would like to see what other brands another store would carry. Anyone no of any other music stores doing this? I am now in the market for a mic pre, and AMS only carries Avalon (too expensive for me now), Joe Meek, Presonus, and Focusrite. If I could find any other merchants who have this type plan, I might have some more options.

Jeff

therage! is offline Wicked Machine
    Thanks
    I know I've looked into that before but never found anyone.

distortedrumble is offline all up in yo grill!
    Thanks
    i dont know any other store that does that and thats why i look to them first

O.D.R.S. is offline Newbie
    Thanks
    AMS is great! I buy almost all of my studio gear through them because of the payment plan. We all know how much this stuff costs and who has the cash to buy everything all at once. I sure don't! AMS has great prices and quick service. Definately #1 for me!

Thanks

They must be making a fortune.

I'll tell ya, if they are the only ones doing that, then they must be making an absolute fortune. I have spent, well, let's see, 659 for a Highway one and hard case, 319 for a Peavey Sub, 349 for a Powerd Yamaha Mixer, 179 for a Vox AD15VT amp, 549 for a zoom 802 recorder, 79 for a USB port for it, I have spent close to two thousand in the last 6 months with them Then, I do a search and find tons of other people doing the same thing because of their payment plan. I am stunned that no other music stores have picked up on this and copied them.

I am a poor musician who had my credit messed up in a divorce. They are my only option for buying gear that cost hundreds of dollars. AMS is getting those hundreds from me on a regular basis, and now I am ready to drop 5,6 or 7 hundred on a Mic pre. They are my only option for this pre that I am going to get. The only problem is, they have a limited choice of brands when it comes to recording gear. I am not crazy about any of their brands of pres besides the Avalon, and I can't afford 1100 dollars for a single channel. Over a thousand, and you have to have a credit check for the five payment plan. The three payment doesn't require that. That leaves my choices at getting one of the new model Meeks, maybe a TwinQ, or one of the mid-grade Focusrites, Or the Presonus MP20. I want an RNP, but I don't have 500 bucks up front. If AMS had that, I would buy it today.

It's very shocking that no other stores have picked up on what must be the best all-time incentive to buy at a certain store. It makes me lose faith in the free market place. I thought competiters were quick to jump on a good thing. AMS is getting thousands of my money, and I know of many more who are forking it out to them as well. And I am a soloact and tell other musicians that I run into about them too. Other musicians are blown away when I tell them that they can order a 500 dollar item and have it in three days with only $130 dollars down, and no credit check. I think I will copy my post and email it to some online stores.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by O.D.R.S.
    AMS is great! I buy almost all of my studio gear through them because of the payment plan. We all know how much this stuff costs and who has the cash to buy everything all at once. I sure don't! AMS has great prices and quick service. Definately #1 for me!

Nosferous is offline Senior Member
    Thanks
    I recently started doing purchases with AMS and they are now my primary source for new (not used) products. Mainly because my boxes don't come with holes in them (MF) and because of the glorious payment plan without needing one of their cards or a major credit card.

But even with my not too-frequent purchase decisions I've numerous times ran into them not carrying the right item I need. But every other online store has it.

Seriously, either other place should pick up on it. Or AMS needs to carry more brands and I can just dedicate all my money for music needs to them.

They can also re-design their site too...

Great service, great additional services, great packaging, great payment plan options...lacking selection of products, site could be a bit cleaner to deal with.

Thanks
    I called them and they said that they also will not special order at this time. So, even if the carry certain Fender guitars, they won't order one that they don't have just for scustomer. They are looking into changing that. Since they carry the GrooveTubes brand, I asked them about the brick, and told them about it. The tech looked it up on their site, and said that if they got a few requests to carry it, they would. They said the same thing about the rNP and the RNC.. They don't carry FMR stuff, but they said if there were enough requests to do so that they would contact fMR. That would be incredible. We should start and AMS club here and when we all agree we want a product like the rNP, or brick, we will get together and email them the requests, or even call like I did. Please guys, o there and request that they carry FMR audio products.
    http://www.americanmusical.com/

I also found out that they have a cool Forum at.

http://www.americanmusical.com/amsforum/

Thanks

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferous
    I recently started doing purchases with AMS and they are now my primary source for new (not used) products. Mainly because my boxes don't come with holes in them (MF) and because of the glorious payment plan without needing one of their cards or a major credit card.

But even with my not too-frequent purchase decisions I've numerous times ran into them not carrying the right item I need. But every other online store has it.

Seriously, either other place should pick up on it. Or AMS needs to carry more brands and I can just dedicate all my money for music needs to them.

They can also re-design their site too...

Great service, great additional services, great packaging, great payment plan options...lacking selection of products, site could be a bit cleaner to deal with.

Treeline is offline Three Thousand and Counting
    Thanks
    How about rebuilding your credit? Start with a secured credit card with a $500 limit, exercise the thing, make payments over the minimum or pay 100% within the grace period without incurring any interest and after a few months apply for a zero interest transfer credit card. Transfer the balance from the secured card and pay it down faster than the minimum. Then apply for a real credit card. There are "zero fee, zero interest on purchase only" cards out there - handy for the ten month paydown on a major purchase.
    Fall seven times; stand up eight

Hard2Hear is offline Retired from Audio
    Thanks
    I use AMS more than anyone else too.

Fact is, even with credit cards their plan is better. AMS gives you basicly 90 days (or 180 days) with no intrest. Put it on a credit card and you're paying intrest on the balance you carry. Even if a credit card gives you an initial period of no intrest, it won't last cause thats how they make their money.

AMS has served me with their payment plan, great selection, great prices, and great service. You can't ask for much more.

H2H

MadAudio is offline Damned if I do
    Thanks
    I LOVE the EZ Payment Plan! It hurts so much less to satisfy the G.A.S.!

Let's see, what have I gotten in the last year?

M-Audio Octane
    MXL V69M
    Numark TTX1
    Silvertone Sovereign Pro
    Newest endeavor: Playing drums in a live band version of 7 Door Sedan's music.

"Do yourself a favour just shut up, read up then put up." --muttley600

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information