Line 6 Pod UX2 and delayed recordings

Schwarzenyaeger

Formerly "Dog-In-Door"
I've been using this guy for about 5 years now.

My desktop PC has started being really slow lately and I'm not sure if it's the first generation SSD that is slowly dying or something else. There is an audible delay when I record something into Pro Tools (also happens in Audacity) and listen back to it at the same time. It's making it incredibly hard to record anything on time. I can record two tracks that synch up to each other perfectly fine but not one that goes along with the metronome.

Is there a way I can check if my SSD is dying? Do you guys think that the UX2 might be creating the delay? I've already tried all the different buffer sizes and latency correctors, no change.

Ive found pc updates screw with the config's and settings.
try to go back to a previous config and if it works turn off the windows update....

we use UX2 and UX8 on Windows 8 pc's no problems. using Reaper not ProTools, but I have a hunch its your pc and something updated.

the way I was told the updates are generic stuff for the masses who use facebook etc..and dont have a audio/interface config required....most have a usb for cell phones and cameras, priinters and etc...etc.. and thats who the updates are for, the generic's, the public joe masses, who want faster printer drivers or cell phone access to be faster to upload selfies.

for us who set up specific drivers and specific audio cards, we dont want "generic updates" re-arranging our pc and drivers.

good luck

First check your latency and other settings and make sure the driver didn't get reset to factory settings...worth a couple minutes.

Try this program to see if your SSD is failing. Bear in mind, SSDs are not hard drives. Avoid using hard drive testers on SSDs. Did you by chance upgrade the firmware on your SSD?

Back