Large capacity CD disc holder options (no binders please)

Pinky

and The Brain...
I'm outgrowing my current sorting/storing capacity. I usually take my discs out of the case and sort them alphabetically in a sliding drawer/hanging holder I bought at a computer fair 10 years ago, but they're full now and they don't make those exact holders anymore. PLUS, I'm seeing that I won't get away with just having a few of these long term so I'm checking with you good people to see what other options might exist.

I'm currently storing 200 discs between the two draw units I have, so I'm looking for something that will allow growth to maybe double that someday.

CD binders are just too bulky and unmanageable. I have a few of these but don't like them, once you get a large enough binder it becomes a nuisance to page through them. I'm hoping there's a magic pill that allows easy access and sort-ability. Asking too much?

An iPod Classic 160 Gb would store all 200 CDs in your pocket :) Alphabetized by artist, or album, or song, or genre, or rating, or shuffled.

Anyways, enough piling on. Are you looking for something portable (for the car), or something stationary for the home? The people I know with large CD collections generally devote a couple of shelves on a bookshelf to jewel cases. I can't say that I know anybody with a fancier system than that. Mine are all conveniently stored in a box in the basement.

Try http://www.amazon.com/This or you can store them in something like this. I have 3 interlocked (via connecting cables) and they play like a radio (random with fade in/out and no blank space). They're discontinued now, but I store my 1000s in boxes and just keep my favorite 1200 !!!! in the carousels.

Thanks for the responses :). I have several favorites ripped to FLAC, but that takes time to do and after I finish I mind as well add it to the backup routine, which now means expanding my backup storage as well. Or... just find a larger drawer-style CD storage solution that I can do the occasional search through for a disc. It's not like I listen to my music collection 24/7. :p This is really half for archiving, half for easier access.

I currently use something *like* this, though not the exact same thing: Amazon.com: Innovera CD/DVD Storage Drawer Holds 150 Discs, 6 7/10 x 12 3/4 x 5 15/16, Light Gray: Electronics

I also see they have the style Broken mentioned above in a stacked two drawer, which is promising... http://www.amazon.com/Idea-Stream-Vaultz-Cabinet-2-Drawer/dp/B0016068G8/ref=zg_bs_3224442011_60

Guess I have options, now I need to just decide.

Back