kinda silly question

spacedye

Vest
i was asked by someone today if a marshall jcm900 head would work with a jcm800 cabinet. i answered yes, i dont see why there would be any problem.
what do you guys think?

Remember that you are only allowed one silly assed question per month. If you exceed that quota, you get fed to the BEAR.

hopefully when they do the "AWARDS" thread again, nobody will remember this one......
but it wasnt really me that asked the question. it was my friend. my answer to him was yes, it will work. but then i thought about it and the wattages of the head and the speakers in the cabinet and things like that that shouldnt have entered my mind, and it was early and i hadnt had my coffee yet, i was still a bit woozy from hitting my head against the A/C unit outside of my house as i walked by it this morning. and then as i walked by, the heat from the vent of the A/C, plus the heat outside.....
then i came in here and after being in the heat all day loooong. my mind was confused and i opened my mouth. well, not really, but you know what i mean..... :confused:
instead of questions over my head, it should be stars and birds, right? :D :D :D :D

hopefully when they do the "AWARDS" thread again, nobody will remember this one......
but it wasnt really me that asked the question. it was my friend. my answer to him was yes, it will work. but then i thought about it and the wattages of the head and the speakers in the cabinet and things like that that shouldnt have entered my mind, and it was early and i hadnt had my coffee yet, i was still a bit woozy from hitting my head against the A/C unit outside of my house as i walked by it this morning. and then as i walked by, the heat from the vent of the A/C, plus the heat outside.....
then i came in here and after being in the heat all day loooong. my mind was confused and i opened my mouth. well, not really, but you know what i mean..... :confused:
instead of questions over my head, it should be stars and birds, right? :D :D :D :D

That depends ....

Who's playing?

Is one of them broken?

Are both of them broken?

Is one or both of them hypothetical?

What do you mean by "work"?

Are you trying to use them as a studio monitor?

Are you trying to use one or the other as a mic preamp?

Do you have available the appropriate mains voltage from a properly-wired grounded receptacle?

What is the ground reference?

Where is the actual ground? Are you under it? Far above it?

What's the temperature? Humidity? Ambient air pressure? Is the air standing still or moving very quickly in various directions at once? Have you been picked up by a tornado?

Back