Grundig TK30

catscurlyear

Hi there my mate has a Grundig TK30 very old reel to reel player he has no mains lead for it ,and it is not a common power lead like a kettle lead and wot not ,the power input plug is probably not made any more, does anyone know of a solution to get round this problem like a convertor adapter or anything. thanks

thanks for your reply ,he bought it over here in England just recently locally up north, so assume it would have been used here at one time ,i thought that we could bodge (solder) a power lead to the contacts of the original power inlet and then just leave it as a permanent fixture . i think he was hoping to try find a correct lead or some kind of convertor adapter.did you mean that you switch the power depending if you are in britain or over the water in france germany etc. i don`t have it here so i wouldn`t know.thanks

Yes, I did. Check the link and look at some photos of the unit. It has a switch that has 117, 150, 220, 240v on the back depending on your current. I assume UK is still on 230, so you'd have to ask around about 220/240, but I doubt with German engineering from the 60s that you would have a problem with either...France, and I believe, most of the EU are all 230v as well now. Only problem you would have is if you came to this half of the world. Most of South and North America are 110v (Mexico is 127) or to the Pacific islands (Japan, Indonesia are 100v, Taiwan and most of the island nations are 110).
Anyway, WHO NEEDED A COURSE IN WORLD CURRENTS? HERE IT IS! :D

Yes, I did. Check the link and look at some photos of the unit. It has a switch that has 117, 150, 220, 240v on the back depending on your current. I assume UK is still on 230, so you'd have to ask around about 220/240, but I doubt with German engineering from the 60s that you would have a problem with either...France, and I believe, most of the EU are all 230v as well now. Only problem you would have is if you came to this half of the world. Most of South and North America are 110v (Mexico is 127) or to the Pacific islands (Japan, Indonesia are 100v, Taiwan and most of the island nations are 110).
Anyway, WHO NEEDED A COURSE IN WORLD CURRENTS? HERE IT IS! :D
thanks Broken_H ,thats very kind of you .

Back