Thread: Focusrite Vs M-Audio Vs Edirol Vs....

Luisconmir is offline Newbie

Focusrite Vs M-Audio Vs Edirol Vs....

Sign in to disable this ad
    I need a good Mic preamp, with a good resolution (24bit/96kHz), possibly Firewire.

I will use it to record with Dynamic and Condenser Mics (SM57 and MCE530) and to connect electric guitar, etc.

I like the Focusrite Saffire PRO 24, but I know M-Audio and Edirol and other brands produce nice equipment too.

I need any suggestions about the device to buy...

Thanks

I bought the Saffire pro24!

Just a question: what is the MIDI in & out for??

Shadow_7 is offline 1K Silver Member
    Certain electronic instruments allow the input/output of event data that triggers sound. So if you have a synthesizer / electronic drum set / other midi capable device, you can record the electronic equivalent of sheet music, instead of the actual sounds. Or output the sheet music and it does the playing thing for you. Not actually sheet music(midi events), but those MPAA / RIAA entities seem to blur that line of distinction.

Any more details on what you're trying to do? 24/96kHz is what the converter does, which could have nothing to do with a preamp per say. Are you wanting to multitrack? Record on location, or just at home? Lots of options out there. Many of which can be highly specialized.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_7 View Post
    Certain electronic instruments allow the input/output of event data that triggers sound. So if you have a synthesizer / electronic drum set / other midi capable device, you can record the electronic equivalent of sheet music, instead of the actual sounds. Or output the sheet music and it does the playing thing for you. Not actually sheet music(midi events), but those MPAA / RIAA entities seem to blur that line of distinction.
    I know what MIDI is, I don't understand what to do with those port on this device. I think it is useful with Midi devices without USB connection... The Saffire routes the MIDI signal to the DAW...

Any more details on what you're trying to do? 24/96kHz is what the converter does, which could have nothing to do with a preamp per say. Are you wanting to multitrack? Record on location, or just at home? Lots of options out there. Many of which can be highly specialized.
    Basically I want to record acoustic and electric guitar. Just for hobby...

Marvin Garvin is offline Newbie

midi

if you know what midi is, why are you asking about what to do with the midi ports?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Garvin View Post
    if you know what midi is, why are you asking about what to do with the midi ports?
    In my question there is the answer.

RAMI is online now Seen Your member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Garvin View Post
    Because this answer, while 100% correct, doesn't answer his question of how to use the MIDI I/O on a pre-amp:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_7 View Post

Thread Information