• Tannoy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alesis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yamaha

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Unto The Sky

I'm just looking at what's gonna be the clearest and most honest for mixing. I know it's all pretty low end stuff, but that can't be helped at the moment!
So if anyone can share their personal experiences, comparisons or perhaps add something else to the table, I'd be grateful!
Also, sorry if this has been asked a million times before, I tried the search bar a bit but didn't really find what i was after.

I've looked at -

M audio BX5A

Mackie MR5

KRK ROKIT RP5

Tannoy Reveal 501A

Alesis MK11

Yamaha HS50M

thanks again!

I use the Mackies & I like them a lot. Very transparent. I tried the M-Audios, very good separation but the low end lacked any punch.

M-Audio lacked in the low end where my Mackie MR5's came in and did a wonderful job. Depending on how far away you are from your monitors, 2-11ft, MACKIE is the way to go. If the room is larger then 11x16 I think you should roll with the KRK. Mackie has recently discontinued the MR5 and have released them under MR5 MARKII... a little more hit to the pocket, but if you can find a shop that's still carrying MR5's, I bet you can get a good deal. Just purchased mine for $109.99ea where MARKII's are going for $157.99.

Back