Behringer XENYX Q802 USB Mixer??

sam123

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the Behringer XENYS Q802 USB mixer? It's a low budget product, how is its quality? is it of decent recording quality when compared to interfaces of the same range?

Also it says it has a 'bi-directional stereo USB audio interface'. Does that mean it supports multi track recording? Could someone please explain me what that means?

Thanks!

The USB circuit will carry two tracks of music in either direction, so you can only record 2 separate tracks at 1 time. This is true of almost every low budget USB mixer.
I bought a Xenyx 1202 last year and brought it back the next day as I found the mic preamps were garbage in it. Might have just been that particular one, but I could not get get enough volume out of an SM57 to use - out of any of the preamps, not just channel 1.
Others, like their stuff (as low priced alternatives). To prevent another Behringer war here, I bought a Behr 2x12 GMX amp recently (used for $149, how could I resist?) to use as my band practice amp (and backup for gigs) - I play mostly acoustic guitar and keys for this band, so it'll work fine for that.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

I heard that Yamaha MG102c is better in quality than Behringer low budget mixers. So my concern is that, since MG102c has no USB functionality, can't I do multi track recording? Also I will be recording in my lapton (Dell N5110) which doesn't have a line-in (only line out and mic in). What are my possibilities?

Thanks.

You need to get an audio interface for recording. Forget the mixer. Mixers are for combining stuff, like when you have multiple instruments/mics for live performance.

Before buying anything, read all the sticky threads in this section of the forum.

Thanks a lot. I thought of that mixer 'coz it already has mic pres.

That is a common misconception. A good mixer may have direct outs from each track, but you would still need an interface to use them individually. There are some mixers that will send individual tracks (like an interface) but it is not the norm, nor typically less expensive or worthy.

What is it that you are looking to record? This will have much to do with your options.

Guys, help me, please!!! I've bought Behringer q802usb, but I do not understand how its usb port works!! When I send any signal from a computer, everything is perfect and understandable, but when I put a microphone e.g. into the 1st channel and connect the mixer via usb cable, I cannot send any signal from my mic to the computer!!!!!! My comp recognizes mixer, there is a mic in the voice recording system, but the signal won't come to a computer!!! Are there any drivers to install for the correct usb port working??? Are there any presets in the mixer?? How to use the very usb port correctly??? Thanks a lot for your help!!

Yes, you need to install the ASIO drivers (go to the Behringer website for those), then you need to select the Behr as your audio input device in your DAW.

Yes, you need to install the ASIO drivers (go to the Behringer website for those), then you need to select the Behr as your audio input device in your DAW.

Thank you very much for your answer!!! Everything works fine!!!!!

Back