Behringer and the hits keep coming...

What do you think about Behringer products?

• Great quality and value for money!

Votes: 354 41.6%
  • Cheap but sometimes dodgy! I wouldn't buy core equipment from them. Not reliable enough.

Votes: 276 32.5%
  • Awful. Cheapness is no substitute for quality!

Votes: 102 12.0%
  • I dont give a crap, I dont have any.

Votes: 118 13.9%

• Total voters
All this may be true, however, I have had problems with Roland, and Marshall. Support being just as weak. ( I love it when I know more about the product then the support person on the line). I have also had problems with getting any support from dealers (Sam Ash is the worst, and Guitar Center won't even talk to you about support unless you buy their "extended warranty" which to me says "we can't promise that what we sell you isn't crap and refuse to take resposability for it if it is unless you pay us more money" . Infact the only company that I ever found to be anything close to good as far as support goes would be Mesa Boogie.
Fact is Behringer is alot of bang for the buck. As a musician I feel that I (we) have been getting ripped off by every end of the music business including ( and worst of all) by the manufactures. I know everyone wants to throw up the "R n D justifies the expense" line, but it's crap. The mark up on the gear we buy is nothing short of highway robbery. (please explain the reason a Gibson Les Paul cost $2600 when they are not even hand made! How much RnD goes into that?) If the product sounds good (and that really is the bottom line) and is half the price of a Mackie with twice the features...it's a no-brainer.
BTW...I have heard many horror stories about people waiting 6 months or more to get thier Mackie back after shipping it to them for repair. Also, ALL mackie products are now using cheaper parts made overseas, but not passing on any savings to the consumer.....same price, lower quality.

for toker 41

If you want great customer service use www.zzSounds.com. They back what they sell. I had a problem with an M-audio duo that just was not compatible with the sofware I use to record with. I contacted their customer support by e-mail to ask about their 30 day money guaratee and told them about the problem I was having. They issued me a return merchandise number no questions asked. They also price match and in most cases have free ground delivery. BTW I don't work for them, but I only deal with them because of their great support.

MISTERQCUE said:
Behringer makes the BEST MIXERS of any gear manufacturer are there!

Behringer's line of processors,pre's and dsp/efx units far surpasses the present slop that's out there now!!

Behringer's customer service are 2nd to none!

Behringer uses original designs and incorporates the most advanced electronics in all thier products.

Many Co's have copied Behringer's outstanding craftsmanship.

Behringer can't be beat!

I luv crack-cocaine.

LMAO

Q... U 1 funny MoFo

i like traffic lights............. :D

darn, I knew to stay away from behringer, but I thought Alesis was ok. I want to buy an Alesis HD24, but that would definitely be a core piece of equipment for me.

That_Abbott said:
darn, I knew to stay away from behringer, but I thought Alesis was ok. I want to buy an Alesis HD24, but that would definitely be a core piece of equipment for me.

The HD24 is one of Alesis' top performing units!
You will do well in purchasing this multi-track recorder.

That_Abbott said:
Alesis is great on some things, on others not so much.... their recording products are quite good -- certainly the HD24 (as the Big Salami said) is excellent, and they did rather well with a little-known product called ADAT! :p

Outboard and monitors are not their forte however.....!

i guess the people who said behringer is great stuff are either joking, stupid, or owners trying to reasure themselves of their purchase.

If you can afford it, don't buy behringer, and if you can't... save a little more :)

yea I have the 2031a. They work I paid. $349 or whaterver the price was 6 months ago at zzounds. One of the tweeters starts to make a buzzing static sound. Its funny cause it only does it when I play an instrument but not when I play CD. Its only on one of the tweeters. I just mute the tweeter. When I first got into this recording stuff about 7 months ago I jumped the gun on this uero, pro, ultra truth stuff from berihnger. The prices look tempting and the reviews were mixed but overall enough to make me buy them. I dont believe those reviews anymore.
my monitors are still under warranty but I'm not going to bother. can you imagine the cost of shipping a 70lb item. I dont thing its worth it. Then I fear that they are going to say it was my fault that I burned it out or something like that. I think it's worth the effort to get something else.

alesis microverb II and quad 2 are amongst the most used outboard processors ever...just ask jeff buckley or someone from slowdive...or hey...ask neil young how his microverb II is doing and why the hell doesnt he replace it with something better and a million or two more expensive...

plus i really doubt there's many ppl here (from the ones saying they would never have an alesis unit ont heir racks) that:

a) have tried either of these machines

b) have ever heard an alesis unit on an guitar oriented ambience configuration

c) consider reverb something other than to be used very slightly on a final mix

d) have ever played a guitar

as i try more and more gear, never is a word that is kind of getting more and more redundant. that hopefully happens when u get older too...

if u like what u hear stick with it...if u upgrade you'll hopefully still have use for the stuff you've outgrown...and you may also find that what you've just outgrowned aint that outgrowned at all...some alesis units will take a lot of gain from a guitar configuration (that more sensible processors wont), and are great for live playing...you can overload it for effect, but its possible to control..whereas this new wave of processors overloads pretty fast with guitar/amp gain, making it pretty useless.

I have several pieces of Behringer stuff and no problems. Every product has a "Monday" or "Friday" group that gets out there, and i have had my fair share...but not from the B-Co...........................yet...................

Okay, another resurrected thread.

I think we are talking about two different kinds of customer support here. There are the people on the phone when you call, and then there is the tech/service department. Not necessarily the same thing at all.

The big manufacturers like Roland, Yamaha, etc., will stock parts for years and years, often long after an item has been discontinued. They have service departments that can repair currnet and older items. This is different from Behringer, for example, who makes it hard to get parts for units even currently in production. Their whole philosophy is "burn em and turn em", to borrow a phrase from the restaurant business.

So to say that you know more than the person at Roland that answers the phone may very be true, but they still have a service department that can fix your gear. The people in the service department are most likely not the people who first answer the phone at tech support.

Howyadoin,

From rush.com (Alex Lifeson's gear list)
1 Furman Power Conditioner PL-80
2 Behringer Splitter / Mixer Ultralink MX662
4 Audio Technica UHF Receiver AEW5200
1 Audio Technica UHF Antenna Distro. AEWDA660D
1 Behringer Multi-Effects Virtualizer Pro DSP2024P
1 Custom Audio Japan System Power Supply AC0912
1 Furman Power Conditioner PL-Plus
1 Dunlop Cry Baby DCR-1SR
2 Custom Audio Japan Midi Vol. Controller GCVA-2
1 T.C. Chorus / Flanger 1210
1 Behringer Multigate Pro XR4400
2 Digital Music Corp. Looper/Switcher GCX
3 Behringer Splitter / Mixer MX602
4 T.C. Multi Effects Processor G-Force
1 Excel Electronics 4 Way Guitar Splitter Custom Made
3 Palmer Speaker Simulator PDI-03
2 Palmer Speaker Simulator PDI-05
2 Hughes & Kettner Rotosphere
2 Hughes & Kettner Amplifier Zentera
2 Hughes & Kettner Amplifier Triamp
1 Hughes & Kettner Amplifier Zenamp
4 PRS Electric Guitars
3 Gibson Les Paul’s
1 Fender Telecaster
1 Gibson S.G.
1 Gibson 355
1 Gibson Double Neck 6/12 String
1 Gibson Acoustic J-150
1 Taylor Acoustic CE-612
1 Beat Up Tired Rody

Ya know, if it's good enough for Big Al, it's good enough for me... :)
I use a Behringer V-Amp 2, compressor, 8-way headphone amp and patchbays in my studio, and have never had a hint of trouble with any of them. Maybe I'm just lucky?

Anymore it's hard to find quality at a reasonable price-point. Behringer and Alesis are the worst, but they haven't cornered the market on pathetic support and over-priced products. The bigger brands such as Gibson, Mackie and Roland to name a few have continually raised prices while cheapening up their products. It seems their unified slogan nowadays is "you might buy better but you won't pay more." I for one refuse to buy anything more until my next purchase; that'll show 'em. LOL!

Back