vocal eq ? stabilize when speed up turntables help?

rudy99

hi, my friend used to have a newmark mixer and turntables , and we could speed up the records tempo very fast and then stabilize the vocals so they wouldnt sound like a chipmunk while speeding up the record tempo as fast as we wanted,, i know need to get a mixer or tables for this soul pupose, problem is i totally forgot what you call that, is it vocal eq or vocal stabalizer or what? and im assuming it was an effect on the mixer? im pretty sure he had a txx usb newmark turntable, dont know if htat had some kind of vocal setting probably not,,,,,,

any help naming this vocal stabalization or the actually mixer that has this would greatly help me reach vinyl nirvana,,

this site is very cool

thanks

I'm not quite sure but what you are describing sounds like a pitch lock. You can bump up the tempo without going into chipmunk mode. A lot of software and hardware have this function.

One google search, in 2 minutes I discovered that the txx usb numark turntable has this functionality built into it. You will not need an external mixer for pitch locking if you have this turntable. You may need a mixer for other reasons tho,

One google search, in 2 minutes I discovered that the txx usb numark turntable has this functionality built into it. You will not need an external mixer for pitch locking if you have this turntable. You may need a mixer for other reasons tho,

thankyou much

ive located a stanton with the features i need but its not their top of the line so sq may suffer, im also lookin at the audio technica lp120usb

thanks again

Back