USB midi interface?

kgbjamin

Hello Midi Experts,
I am looking for a good midi interface module for my PC. One that offers minimum latency. Are the USB interfaces any good. I have a delta 66 sound card and unfortunately it doesn't incorporate a midi interface on the card. So do you guys have any suggestion for a good module to go with? I am on a medium budget and need two-four midi ports.

I also have the MIDIMAN Midi Sport 2x2 I like it but I wish I would have bought the Unitor by EMAGIC.When you do decide on an interface I would recomend getting one with one or two more midi out poerts than your current application as you will probably expand your studio once you get into midi.

Monty,

Roland UM-1

Im picked up the Roland UM-1 to use as and interface from my notebook to my POD. I don' t have another computer so I have to use my notebook. So far, it's working just fine. I'm gonna try to link my VS 1880 to it using the logic audio software. Everyone says the software is shitty :( but I'm gonna try it anyway. If it works okay, I'll post about it

Hey Frimpner, I have the 1880 too.It came with Logic-vs software.I also had the Roland um-1 (still have it) but I upgraded to a 2x2 MidiMan so I could sequence withe the computer.It took me a while to figure out how to "sync up" the Logic software with the 1880 and I am pretty comfortable with it now so if you have any specific questions I may be able to help quickly.

Monty,

Hey vulcanofga

I got it all up and running and everything seems to be synced up. I'm just not entirely sure what it is that this software can do for me. I don't have a soundcard in my notebook so Iam assuming that this software will just help me edit the VS parameters from within the computer as opposed to staring at the tiny VS screen all night long.

How do u use your setup and what are the advantages of using the software??

Also, is there a manual for the LOgic VS that is available in a format that is not 180 pages long. The manual included on the CD is cool, but I'm not sure I'm too hip to punching out all of the pages. I'm just lazy I guess.

Any help or tips you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx:)

Frimpner, The version of Logic that you have is Logic VS,It is a "micro version" and is not as powerful as Silver, Gold or Platinum.Logic vs is used on the 1880 to edit as you discribed,but the sequencing for midi is the best thing about it.If you have a synth or midi-key board and sound module you can record midi and sync it up with the audio playback of the 1880.I upgraded my software to Logic Silver it is a lot more powerful.It has audio tracks on it too but it uses 16 bit resolution so I dought I will use it.If you are not planning on using Midi then the Logic vs is all you will need.If you have any questions let me know.

Monty,

I forgot to tell you, there is no printed version of the manual for Logic vs.I did get a printed version when I upgraded to Silver.It cost me $159 to upgrade.

Thanx for the help man;) I will likely use the prog a little. I also downloaded a trial version of the program for the VS series from Datasonic. It looks pretty cool too if I can get in the right frame of mind to learn it. I'm a bit of an old school analog 2" tape guy, so all of this new stuff is a little overwhelming. I'm gettin' better though.

Thanx again for the response:)

Back