Setting up regular keyboard as a midi controller...

Myriad_Rocker

Can you set up a regular keyboard as a midi controller? Like the one I'm typing on right now. I'm just now starting to get into triggering samples with something else besides my mouse. haha. This is specifically in relation to Kontakt 2.

Myriad_Rocker said:
Can you set up a regular keyboard as a midi controller? Like the one I'm typing on right now. I'm just now starting to get into triggering samples with something else besides my mouse. haha. This is specifically in relation to Kontakt 2.

I know you can map your computer keyboard to play like a musical keyboard, it takes a while to map the whole thing, but, you cvan do it. If you have reason 3 look in the help file, it tells you how to do it there.

-C$

Cyanide-Depende said:
I know you can map your computer keyboard to play like a musical keyboard, it takes a while to map the whole thing, but, you cvan do it. If you have reason 3 look in the help file, it tells you how to do it there.

-C$

Hhhmmm...I don't have reason. I have Sonar 5 and just recently got Kontakt 2. Well, bought it from GC a little while ago...just now started using it.

Myriad_Rocker said:
Can you set up a regular keyboard as a midi controller?
Sure. Anything's possible. It just depends on how much you value your time and whether you mind having to invest in one keyboard to be a midi controller and one for everything other program that needs text input. Invest in this instead.

Cyanide-Depende said:
I know you can map your computer keyboard to play like a musical keyboard
That trick is dependent on the program or application. It's by no means universal. Without macro software and hexadecimal programming knowledge you'd be hard pressed to get a typing keyboard to 'play like a musical keyboard'.

And where in the Reason 3 help file did you locate that info, C-D?

you can do this but its not very comprehensive, its called "virtual midi keyboard", look it up on google. i used it for a few weeks to do drums until i got a real controller

Back