Roland SPD30 midi recording

d.mcgee93

I have a couple of questions that I would appreciate any insight on. First, is it possible to play 8 pads simultaneusly onto seperate tracks in my DAW; second,do I have to use vst voices; [i.e., triggering], or can I use the onboard voices in my octapad; and finally, how do I set that up ? Thanks for the help !

Oh man, painful memories this was a nightmare to set up but now it works a treat, what DAW are you using? Are you using the USB MIDI.
Not sure how you would separate the tracks though? I think you could only output on 1 channel at a time but I'm sure midi experts will advise.

Thanks for responding, I am using Samplitude prox2 with a midi/usb cable. I actually managed to trigger 4 different vst's today simultaneously on 4 armed tracks, so I know it will work. Now I am trying to remember how I did it, I was just fiddling around with some midi settings. It's a lot easier to just do a stereo audio recording but I like being able to mix the tracks later on; plus I am determined to understand midi. Thanks again !!

Back