Question on how to get a midi sequencer trigger wav samples

moptop

I have a old midi sequencer program I use called Record Producer MIDI made by Voyettra. It is no longer supported by them. That's how old it is, but I hate to have to stop using it. I know it inside and out and still does all I need. My question is..... is there a way I can get this sequencer to trigger and play wav drum samples? Is there a program I can use or couple it to so I can to load in the sample wav's I want and still use Record Producer for planning out my drum tracks?

I know I can use MIDIyoke or something similar so I can have Record Producer trigger software instrument's using a stand alone VST host. Just would like to be able to use my same old familiar friend to play better sounds for my drum tracks instead of the ones I use from my Yamaha keyboard.

Thanks much for any help.

Last edited:
Aaaaw,

No need to panic yet.

Look at page 120 (the oldest) page of this midi-mania forum.

There are questions there from 1999/2000 that haven't got a reply either! So hang on for a few more years yet?

Otherwise, maybe you need a sampler, one that can load your .wav, and respond to midi commands?

Geoff

I'm a bit surprised this hasn't been answered already, but then again, maybe i'm not.

In a similar situation. Love a certain OS9 program but all the good stuff is on PC, right? No problem.

Set up you fave sequencer like always. Then setup your favorite sample player (or VST instrument, or whatever) on a separate, appropriate platform. PCs are cheap! So that's an easy one.

Then, just trigger the PC like it's an ordinary MIDI synth. Whether it's drum samples or a Steinway grand, it just plays like it's supposed to.

Okay, if you're cramped for space, use an old laptop. Take the audio out to wherever you're gonna record, just like you would of done had you bought a new synth.

Works for me, anyways.

Ponder

Back