problem with behringer fcb1010

bluecracy

hi all, I've just bought this pedalboard and a midi/usb interface.
Problem is that after 2-5 minutes of using, the display becomes poweroff with just 2 led blinking. I've tried various combinations with the cables, nothing changes. I'm using a usb-hub directly connected to a rear port..
ideas? I'm a little concerned..
ty

Just guessing here but do you have the USB ports set to sleep when not in use?

Maybe try without the hub. Sometimes, actually usually they are bad for audio interfaces. They like their own connection in most cases.

Hey bluecracy, it appears the FCB-1010 is AC powered, so if the display powers down while using it, it would seem to sound like an issue of FCB-1010 itself.

- Are you only using the MIDI OUT port to send data? If so, the FCB-1010 shouldn't be affected by a connected device nor the data that is sent out to the computer (one way street).

- If you have a connection to the MIDI IN port of the FCB-1010 it's possible, but highly unlikely data received by the FCB-1010 could affect it like you describe. The MIDI IN appears to only to recognize system exclusive bulk dumps.
Flashing 88 see this >>> Project FAQs

- Disconnect any/all MIDI cables and see if the problem still occurs.
- What is the MIDI to USB interface device you are using?

hi guys and thanks a lot. I'm using a bespeco interface. In the past I've used a china midi cable on a Vdrum and zero problems. I'll try with a native usb port but I've already mailed the seller 'cause I think it's an HW problem..DAMN
-the problem disappears without midi cable

If you have both of the 5 pin MIDI cables connected to the FCB-1010, remove the one that goes to the MIDI IN. The MIDI IN is pretty much just for receiving a system exclusive data dump to the FCB-1010, which probably you are not doing. Possibly the computer or the interface might be sending something out that hoses up the FCB-1010.
The only other thing I can think of if only the MIDI OUT cable is connected, is some sort of ground loop from the USB hub back to the FCB-1010. Is it a powered USB hub with a wall wart or just working from the power from the USB port?

Only the one MIDI cable connected to the MIDI OUT port on the FCB-1010? Nothing connected to the MIDI IN?

Other than the problem it has after 2 to 5 minutes, does it seem to work OK?

damn damn guys. I removed the chip to got an electric cleanup...and.... now pedalboard turn on but nothing happens. No numbers, no leds, only 2 lights from expression pedals. Probably I fucked up something and I'm afraid to purchase the eureka chip that could neither work..S

Back