Poblems Kat kt3 + alexis dm5

Dethman

Hi to everyone!
Im very new here, and very new in recording.

Last weekend, the drum player and me try to record midi with this setup:

- Alexis dm5 trigger (kicks) MIDI OUT (midi channel 1)
to
- Kat KT3 midi drum - MIDI IN

and

- Kat KT3 drum - MIDI OUT (midi channel 10)
to
- Roland duo capture ex - MIDI IN

and the roland wired to the laptop throuh usb.

What happened?
- KT3 sounds, but dm5 didn't sound through any midi channel.

If we plug the headphones in the KT3, we can hear the kicks from DM5, but it sounds like a piano. But, at least Kt3 gets the data from MD5.

If we plug the MD5 Midi out to the Roland midi in (without the Kt3), it sounds very well. So, it seems that MD5 has no problem.

It seems that the Kt3 doesn't pass the midi data from MD5 to the roland.

And... we studied all the docs from kt3, but we didn't found anything about this problem.

Can anybody help us??

Thank you in advance.

------
DAW: Catewalk Sonar X3 + Superior Drummer 2.0

I'm just plain confused about the whole thing, but I'm not even going to try to sort it out. It's most likely that the drums on the kat brain respond to MIDI channel 10, so try setting the dm5 to send on that channel. If you want the Kat to pass what the DM5 sends it, you should look for a MIDI Thru or Echo parameter and turn it on. I didn't go through the manual, so I don't know if that brain has such parameters even, but take a look. I'm pretty sure the DM5 does.

On the DM5 part of it, sounds like a MIDI mapping issue "we can hear the kicks from DM5, but it sounds like a piano".

I'm just plain confused about the whole thing, but I'm not even going to try to sort it out. It's most likely that the drums on the kat brain respond to MIDI channel 10, so try setting the dm5 to send on that channel. If you want the Kat to pass what the DM5 sends it, you should look for a MIDI Thru or Echo parameter and turn it on. I didn't go through the manual, so I don't know if that brain has such parameters even, but take a look. I'm pretty sure the DM5 does.

Sorry about my english....not good enaugh.

I tried setting MD5 to channel 10,but it didn't work.

I can not find in the KT3 manual anything about midi thru or echo. And that's why I was looking for help, for somebody who knows how to setup KT3.

Nevertherless, the MD5 can be setup Midi thru, so I gess I could chain KT3-MD5-Roland-laptop.... but I haven't tried yet.

The problem is that we also want to connect the KT3 to the laptop using usb port that the KT3 has (without the roland sound card), so the chain will have to be MD5-(midi)-KT3-(usb)-laptop.

Anyway, thank you very much for answering so soon.

If somebody alse knows.....

On the DM5 part of it, sounds like a MIDI mapping issue "we can hear the kicks from DM5, but it sounds like a piano".

Yes, I think so. But DM5 had selected the note "kick"... (I think it is note number 36). Anyway, I didn't find anything about mapping at DM5.

Thank you.

Back