Please help me with my midi setup and give me some input my equipment setup

raywon

Studio 1784
I have installed cakewalk home studio 2002 on my dell computer, I have a midi port 1x1 in/out midi, my hook up and calkwalk home studio 2002 is not responding no midi output or input, I trying to use midi channel 10. This is how I have my setup:

Midi setup: ( X is midi hook ups on back of each equipment)

Korg Electribe Sampler- X X X - (Connected to keyboard/Thru to drum machine In)
In Out Thru

SR-16 Drum Machine- X X - (Connected to midi port out to In)
In Out/Thru

Casio 671 Keyboard- X X - (Connected to Sampler In/Out)
In Out

Midi Port 1x1- X X- (Connected to Drum Machine Out to Midi port In and USB to Computer)
In Out

Equipment Setup:
(1)- 1/4" connector from Casio keyboard to Mixer (aux. send)

(1)-1/4” connector from input of Korg Electribe Sampler to Dell computer soundcard..

(2)-1/4” connector from Tascam Porta 02 mkII 4 track multitrack recorder Track 1&2 to main out on Behringer Eurorack mx-1604a mixer

(2)-1/4” connector from Alesis SR-16 drum machine main out to line 3 on Mixer

(2)-1/4” connector from Korg Electribe-s Rhythm Production Sampler ES-1 output to line 5/6 on mixer.

Tascam Multitrack RCA connector to Pioneer Stereo Reciever AUX -input

The type of music I am doing is pop/hiphop I just need some input on what I am doing something wrong or what I need to get this setup going right. Thanks Raywon

Last edited:
Raywon, your hookup description is pretty confusing. Everybody sees things differently, depending on their brouser settings, screen resolution, etc - so attempts at graphics usually suck. Try re-stating your wiring just using text comments; for example, say "korg electribe midi in from keyboard controller out, korg electribe midi thru to watzitz midi in" sorta like that. Then someone can probably figure out if you have a cabling problem or a software problem, or what.

Also, MIDI channel 10 is normally reserved for drums, so you may not be able to use it for anything else (depends on the module)

Give us a better hookup description and see what happens... Steve

I think the problem is your drum machine. OUT and THRU are not the same thing.

Put whatever keyboard you want to be your controller first and hook MIDI OUT to the COMPUTER IN, Controller IN to Comp OUT.

Hook up the THRU on the controller to then next keyboard and so on. Use the THRU to chain them together.

You will only be able to generate midi data from the controller keyboard. This is the limitation with one midi IN on the computer unless your keyboards can merge the THRU and OUT.

Back