Need help on hooking up Synth, Rack, Midi interface, and Audio Interface

Edifice

[Intro]
What's up guys (and girls). I'm new here so I'll start with this. I've been into music production for a few years. Purchased my Roland Fantom-X8 Synthesizer back in early 2006, a year or two later I got a Yamaha Motif-ES Rack. A few months later I bought two M-Audio BX5a studio monitors and a Digidesign Mbox2 Audio Interface. Finally, I recently purchased a Tapco 4x4 Link Midi Interface....

[Issue]
I've been pulling my hair for the past week reading online, manuals, went to guitar center twice and nobody seems to be helping so I'm giving this a shot. I'm trying to use my Fantom-X8 synth as the midi controller and sequence with pro tools 8. I've got this done already but then I threw in the Motif rack to get more sounds. Well, I hooked up the Fantom THRU to Motif Rack IN and that was fine but I got annoyed by the shared channel (having to turn it down or mute when I use other channels) so I bought a Tapco Midi 4x4 Link Interface. This thing has 4 IN's and 4 OUT's. It also has a THRU button so when you push it, all midi data from the INPUT1 port are sent to the 4 outputs while the rest of the inputs are inactive. I know I'm typing a lot but I need to be detailed since nobody seems to get this (I need a professional or someone who knows what they're doing). Just so you know, Audio interface is connected to the computer via USB & so is the Tapco Midi 4x4 Link.

[My Objective]
1) To be able to hear my Fantom & Motif sounds as I press keys.
2) To be able to record midi notes onto pro tools and then use the recorded notes to playback whatever channel I want from the motif rack OR roland synth.
3) Finally to be able to record the recorded midi notes into audio files of either roland or yamaha sounds

:confused::mad::eek:
^all these are me right now so lets see how this goes.

Back