motu time piece

hitman

our studio runs a g4 mac with protools, a digidesign 1622 i/o and a motu midi time piece. this thing has a mind...or two of its own. we've followed the manuals set-up guide, but this thing just does what the hell it wants. any body familiar with the MOTU midi time piece?
HITMAN.

i have the same problem

I have a g3 w/ protool and a digidesign 882 I/O and a mid timepiece but i don't know which way to go. Meaning how do i hook up my sound modules and my sequencer and the drum machine. Please help

looks like its just us.

we finally got our's workin to some degree. Turn off all local midi. And start reading, reading, reading. I personally read while i'm on the toilet bombing terrorist groups and during playbacks. It's amatter of assigning each sound source to a different midi channel. don't attempt to trigger two parts on the same midi channel unless you're merging a drumset part or something. Shoulda just got a cheap radio shack box...ha ha ha.

What's going on?

Hi There.

While I'm no expert, I have used the MOTU MTP XT and, just recently, the MTP/AV. I've never had a serious problem. Very reliable devices.

What exactly is the problem? Maybe I can help.

Cheers,
Sagar

Back