MIDI stopped working??

mbouteneff

Suddenly, I am no longer to send MIDI info from my keyboard to my computer. I'm using a Yamaha 201 keyboard (2 yrs old) connected to a Delta 1010LT soundcard. I usually use Reason with it.

Suddenly, no signal is getting through -- no even the little "keyboard" icon in the bottom right corner of my windows xp lights up.

Any idea how I can tell if it's something wrong with the soundcard, cables, or keyboard? (the cables are 10 years old...perhaps they're the problem?)

Thanks,

Mike

The first thing I recommend is that you uninstall the Delta card and reinstall it using the latest drivers available from the MAudio web site.

I highly doubt that the midi cable is bad, but if you've got another one see if replacing it solves the problem.

If you do get this problem solved to the point that Reason is getting midi but is not making noise post again --- that's a different problem.

I was having a similar problem....if its not the controller, it could be the interfcae from your sound card; my tacam works via USB and there was a tear in the cable.

Instead of going into the MIDI port of your soundcard, try your motherboard's standard game port. This won't get to the root of the problem, but you can get around it and get back to being productive.

Back