Midi response every ~3 seconds

oxejin

Hi folks,

Any midi experts have any idea why a midi device would only respond to one midi CC message every 3 seconds? That is to say, if i send a message to this device, it will recognize it, but it will not recognize any other messages sent within 3 seconds of the last message.

I've never heard of anything like that. The only thing that comes to mind is that it almost sounds like the receiving device is doing a device reset, "GM System On" initialization, or some other procedure that's taking it 3 seconds to complete. Do you have a way to monitor the MIDI messages that are being sent to the device, to see if they look okay?

Thanks for your reply!

That's an interesting though. I can "kind of" monitor the messages through midipipe. Basically, I have an FCB1010 with a Eureka PROM installed and I'm running the midi from the computer through that, which spits it out to the FCB1010. I've also sent messages directly from it, which still creates the same issue.

I couldn't see any messages being sent, except active sense. which i was able to filter (i think). really it's hard to know if the s70xs is talking that pedalboard directly with extra messages. it would be nice if I had another device that could send CCs.

Back