MIDI to Reason interface question

Repeater

Hello all. I reckon this is my first post here. Anyway, I could probably browse through the tons of threads here hoping to find an answer to my questions, or I could just do this, so here goes:

I have Reason on my comp and I just recently bought an M-Audio Oxygen 8 keyboard. I want to setup Reason so that I can do all the drums, synths, etc using my OXY8, then have Reason be a slave to Nuendo so I can record guitar tracks over all this stuff. Does anyone know an easy way to setup Reason with the Oxygen 8 to get it where I can do all the drums, synths, basslines etc just using my Oxygen 8, or is this going to require me to get a MIDI Remote in addition to my Oxygen 8 to get this to work.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Your Oxygen-8 has a USB connection. Just plug the supplied USB cable into the keyboard and a free USB port on your computer, pull down the Edit menu in Reason and go to 'preferences' - select the USB connection there and you should be all set.

ssscientist said:
Your Oxygen-8 has a USB connection. Just plug the supplied USB cable into the keyboard and a free USB port on your computer, pull down the Edit menu in Reason and go to 'preferences' - select the USB connection there and you should be all set.
Roger that, problem is, once I've done that...here, I'll give you an example:

I create a Mixer, then I create ReDrum. Everytime I press a key on my Oxygen 8, it activates the "mute" function on each of the different drum tracks, so it's doing exactly the OPPOSITE of what I want it to do. But then I create a Malstrom and it produces noise, but when I turn the knobs it turns knobs on both the Malstrom AND the ReDrum. This is another problem. So I'm wondering; do I need another MIDI remote to avoid problems like this (as I've read something about this in the manual) or must I go through and map out ALL the functions I want the Oxygen to control on each device? (which is a HUGE amount of work and will add a bit of confusion when trying to go through all my knob settings)

Sorry this is so convoluted.

Make sure that you are using the 10 chromatic notes (midi notes 35-44) upward from from bottom c on a 61-note keyboard, as quoted in the manual. (You might need to mess with the octave presets a bit to get it where it should be.) Those notes are assigned to trigger the sound in redrum, anything outside of that will trigger another function, such as mute,solo, etc.....

Also, make sure that you have the midi icon selected in the "in" column of redrum.

Back