MIDI interface and USB problem IMPORTANT!!!!

pisces7378

THIS IS A DOUBLE POST FROM THE "COMPUTER RECORDING THREAD". PLEASE DON'T KILL ME. I JUST REALLY NEED THIS QUESTION ANSWERED FAST!!!

FIRST OF ALL... PLEASE ANSWER THIS THREAD AS SOON AS YOU CAN BECAUSE I MIGHT MAKE A BIG MISTAKE TOMORROW IF I BUY THE WRONG COMPUTER SO PLEASE ANSWER THIS ONE WITH GOD'S SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello All, I am about to buy my first PC for music. I have had two before but I never knew a thing about them. Now I want to buy a Fujitsu/Siemens High Class p-9350-40/128. It costs 2,399 German Marks (I live in Munich by the way) and it has...
PentIII 933 MHz
128 MB RAM
DVD
CD-RW
40 GB Hard Drive
32-bit Grafix Card
16-bit sound
MS Windows ME

Now I plan on outfitting it with a 24 bit Delta 66 sound card and using the Delta Omni I/O for my ins, outs, pre-amps, mixer, audio interface etc... Then use my Roland JV 1010 and Roland "Edirol" PC-300-A Midi master-keyboard-controler, and the MIDI sport 2x2 MIDI interface. And pushing Emagic Audio Logic Platinum software. Enough people have told me that this will be a good starting system. Now the thing is, with this MIDI interface part.... People have told me that the computer must be USB compatable. I know that USB stands for Universal Stereo Bus (I think that is what it stands for anyway). But what I want to know is, is this a standard feature on most computers or do I REALLY have to ask that one. Because I live in Germany and do not speak enough German yet to ask such difficult questions and I am not so sure how knowledgable the guy is at the store to just KNOW what I am talking about. Is this USB rare or pretty much standard? How do I check myself? And if I DO buy this computer and find out that it is not USB compatable, what will I have to do to make it compatable with my Roland JV 100 and my MIDIsport 2x2?

Thanks guys,
Mike

Back