midi does not work properly with e-drums

ghalbedel

I have a set of ION redline e-drums with a USB midi interface. I would like to control virtual software in a computer but am having problems. On a mac book pro, I'll get a few notes and then the driver stops responding and has to be reset. This is in garageband.
On a windows 8.1 laptop, it works fine with Addictive Drums free demo but in Sampletank 3 free demo it only makes a sound every once in a great while even though the indicator in Sampletank registers a midi note every time.
Everything works fine on everything with a midi keyboard.
I would think midi is midi. What could there be about the e-drums interface that would cause these inconsistent problems?

On Sampletank on the PC, it might be your mapping. Try hitting the same one that works, if it works every time, but others don't every time, then you need to look up mapping the Sampletank sounds to your drums or vice verse which ever is easier. I know in SD, it is pretty easy, select the piece you want to use, click learn, hit the pad you want it mapped too.

Might be the same on the Mac, check out mapping your drum pads to the software.

I have a set of ION redline e-drums with a USB midi interface. I would like to control virtual software in a computer but am having problems. On a mac book pro, I'll get a few notes and then the driver stops responding and has to be reset. This is in garageband.
On a windows 8.1 laptop, it works fine with Addictive Drums free demo but in Sampletank 3 free demo it only makes a sound every once in a great while even though the indicator in Sampletank registers a midi note every time.
Everything works fine on everything with a midi keyboard.
I would think midi is midi. What could there be about the e-drums interface that would cause these inconsistent problems?

I don't think it's mapping. The sound on the same one only works once in awhile although the midi indicator in Sampletank shows it is triggering everytime.

Back