Midi Controller sending keyboard shortcuts in Cubase

captainbeyond79

I asked this in Cubase forum also.
--------------------------------------------
I have M-Audio 32 key Midi Controller I just bought, but was having similar issues with The virtual keyboard in Cubase AI 5 also(pressing alt + K brings it up)

I have Cubase AI 5, with 32 key M Audio Keystation Midi Controller on Windows 7 64 bit home premium.

I was playing around on the keyboard last night with my new toy, hit A# and bam my track and my instrument are gone. The A# key is triggering some shortcut telling it to delete my instrument or midi track.
Another note I'd play on my keyboard would toggle between beats/measures and seconds across top of window. Another note I'd play would bring up a project save prompt. I know the midi controller is just sending keystrokes but cannot figure out how to shut it off. It is playing notes no problem. My midi keyboard works great in XLN Audio Addictive Keys standalone.

I Went into I think Edit, Hot Keys, and loaded a profile called 'clear all' which takes away all the keyboard shortcuts but a few. I've viewed every one of the shortcuts left and non are for saving/deleting etc.
I read an old review of mine on a midi controller App for iOS and I'd stated I was having similar problems, but then I changed the midi channel to be the same between cubase and my ios app and it was fine.
So I have a hunch that if I select a specific midi channel instead of the 'omni' generic type channel this might fix it. Also I'm using this with the Halion Synth included.

I have googled the $hit out of this and can't find even one related web page. Maybe I don't know the right key words?

Does anyone else have keystrokes in virtual keyboard or Midi controllers triggering unwanted actions in their DAW software?
Hope y'all can help. I'm hoping specifying a midi channel will help, but won't know until I get home. Anyway if anyone has any resources/webpages/articles on the matter please let me know.

I finally figured it out.
Devices>Device Setup>Mackie Control
I had Mackie Control enabled. I set midi input and midi output to 'not connected' on Mackie Control screen, now its purely notes.

Relieved.

Back