MIDI controller forgetting note states

3t9l

I recently picked up a new keyboard (1993 Ensoniq KS-32 rompler) from a garage sale intending to use it mainly for VSTi controlling, but I started noticing it left hanging notes almost constantly. Upon further investigation, I've noticed that if, say, i were to play a two-note chord, pressing down the two keys would give on "on" signal for both. Letting go of a key (either one) would give that key an "off" signal, but releasing the second key would send another "on" signal, as if the keyboard forgot it was already on. The same thing happens no matter how many keys are held down at once: the first one released is turned off, all the others are left on (Playing a single note sends the correct signals without any issue.).

Using the same MIDI-to-USB cord with my other keyboard (radioshack custom tone synthisizer) works just fine, so I'm fairly sure the issue is with the Ensoniq and not my computer/cord. Adjusting the midi system settings on the ensoniq seems to have no effect on the problem. Any ideas on how to fix this?

If I understand correctly, you have two keyboards that you have used to control VSTis. The radioshack controls VSTis as expected but the Ensoniq causes the VSTis to have stuck notes.

How do your keyboards behave when they control each other? Does the radioshack control the Ensoniq OK (and vice-versa)?

Back