midi controller buttons act like a trigger

olegg

hi guys. i REALLY need your help.
i decided to buy my very first audio interface. i was trying to find with more than 2 inputs , but they were all too expensive for me and i surprisingly found Tascam us-224 which is 15 years old but it has almost all features that basic interface have nowadays. Anyway , I´m really happy with it.
The thing is , (you can look up pictures on the internet) it is also designed as a midi controller/recorder for DAW. ofcourse in ableton it was not listed as a standard control surface, so i decided to assign midi messages manually.
Now, the problem is that if i assign some button on Tascam as a switch for , say, main record button, or monitor on, or effects switch on button, it acts like trigger. i.e. the buttons which i want to turn on, doesnt stay turned on as soon as i release button on Tascam.
the faders work just alright, so i dont know whats the problem.
maybe there is some kind of way to change messages which are being sent from Tascam.
i really would like to make it work, because i would like to use this audio interface as a control surface for ableton..
thanx

(i attached the message which is sent when i push just one button (its sends two messages at once..))

guys. i resolved the issue using free version of bome´s midi translator and loopMIDI
thanks anyway

Back