m-audio midi clock

dirtydoo

i ve been using soft synths fora while now so i never had a good interface/soundcard, but i want to buy my friends radais now and my inerface (which is an m-audio firewire audiophile) gave me bad latency problems when i had my micro chord everybody told me that the clocks were bad in the audiophiles. is there any decent m-audio products that have good clocks or should i look into a different brand

Interfaces / soundcards have little or nothing to do with latency.

What does affect latency is your audio / midi program settings and the drivers you are using to let the software communicate with your interface.

You don't say what software you're currently using, but I have two suggestions for you.

The first is to download and install the freeware ASIO4all audio/midi driver. You can find it here --- link.

Second, try using REAPER --- link. It's professional-grade software at a shareware price. You get 30 days to try it for yourself and if you like it they ask for a $40 shareware fee.

One of the two above solutions may solve your latency problem, let you keep your existing interface and spend what you would've spent on a new one elsewhere in your studio.

If not post again. I have a few more suggestions.

thanks for the info man i, see what you were talking about on the software because i was using cool edit when i had my micro korg and had no idea what the hell iwas doing, now i use pro tools and i heard no latency when my friend let me borrow his radais. so what is the big deal about word clock, is that only good for multiple midi devices and is the midi in a 100 dollar interface the same that would be in a 3000 dollar interface

so what is the big deal about word clock, is that only good for multiple midi devices and is the midi in a 100 dollar interface the same that would be in a 3000 dollar interface

Midi devices don't use word clock except indirectly.

Midi clock and midi time code are the two ways to synchronize the internal sequencer or arpeggiator with a midi / audio computer program.

You can use string a small chain of keyboards together using midi thru but when you get beyond that you need a midi thru box that will distribute a clocking signal to each keyboard.

And yes, midi is midi is midi no matter how much you pay for it.

Back