Logic Express 6/Logic users PLEASE help!

schpinkl

I'm new to Logic and would like to convert midi tracks to audio in order to bounce a WAV file from Logic Express 6. Would some kind soul please tell me how to route the midi tracks in order to record them as audio - ie., what do I need to do in the Environment/Track Mixer? There's no midi hardware involved - just a G4, OSX with SimpleSynth loading an .sf2 file via Core Audio.
The manual gives clues but no specifics - thanks a lot for any advice, anyone!!

Go to mixer, and at the bottom of your SimpleSynth-AudioInstrument channel, double click on the outputs, which brings you straight to the master fader (Alternitively, you can just scroll over to it in the mixer view). On the master channel, double click the bounce buttun (I think abbreviated BNCE). In the new dialog select the region you want to bounce, give the file a name, then click, Bounce and Add (Or just bounce if you don't want to add it as a new track i.e. Final Mixdown). Now Open the Audio window (The one that shows all the audio files used in the project), and drag the new file into the arrange window. And, that should do it for ya.

Quick note: When using the bounce function, everything within the region you specify will be bounced, so be sure to mute every track that you don't wan't bounced to the new track.

Back