korg electribe 2 midi out help

palmersutra25

Hey guys, i purchased the electribe 2 a few months ago and have been having problems with the midi out port.

basically, i'm using my mpc as the main controller clock, so i'm running the korg through the midi out of the mpc and that works fine. in the past in my live setup i've daisy chained as many as 7 bits of gear together using the mpc as the master in/out/in/out etc. only problem i'm having is when i run anything through the midi out of the electribe, the signal clock doesnt send. i never had this problem with my esx1 electribe.

can anyone help?

Is there a setting to make the MIDI out function as a MIDI thru ? And sync is set to external ?

Yeah, sync is set to external. Not sure there is a way to set midi out as midi thru. There just be some way of doing it as I didn't have a problem with my old electribe. I'm baffled.

Well, I don't know what's going on here, but MIDI out is only instructions from the device. MIDI thru is instructions from further up the line. I use thru when it's convenient, but I've had MIDI boxes for a long time to distrib directly. My last box was used off eBait for $20-30 ?? something half cheap. I now need 8-ports and the yamaha yme8 can be configed 2x4, or, 1x8.

Sound on Sound complained about the e2 not having thru ?

Ah, yeah, that makes sense actually. Thank you. I'll have a look for a midi box maybe. Kind of frustrating really, no idea why they didnt include midi thru on the e2.

Well, it's a trend from MFG. My ultranova has thru and the xw-p1 has out labeled out/thru, as does the Akai Rhythm Wolf. What the hell is that. Like we don't have a use for both ? hahah

It is what it is, buy a box and move on. Or, keep with the old stuff : ) My toy Yamaha from the '80s has thru - jeez

Back