Indigo 2 as synth & controller with MPC/JU-06

BlahZayy1190

Gear involved:
1x MPC 1000 (Soft Thru; As Track or Omni?)
1x Access Virus Indigo 2 (Can turn Local Off and On)
1x Roland JU-06 (module that I want the Virus to control and MPC to sequence)

If I want to first MIDI sequence 2 parts from the Indigo 2 itself (lead & pad) on MPC track 1 and track 2 respectively, then for track 3, use the Indigo 2 as a keyboard controller for the JU-06, is this possible without the first 2 tracks being "muted"? I want the first 2 tracks (from the Indigo 2) to act as live backing tracks for track 3.

Because, once I switch Local Off on the Indigo 2 to use as a keyboard controller with the JU-06, it essentially becomes just a simple MIDI keyboard with the synth engine turned off, right? So wouldn't the first two tracks just be playing MIDI data sequences with no audio coming from the Indigo 2?

So, how can I lay down sequences from the Indigo 2 and later use it as a keyboard controller for my sound modules and keep everything that I sequence before playing?

The Indigo 2 has MIDI In, Out & Thru, if that helps any. I have no clue how MIDI Thru (if at all?) in this situation would work and MIDI in general gives me migraines, so I'd be much obliged for any answers.

Back