Im still relatively new to Midi

morty77

Question? when I midied my Korg Krome into my Nord Electro 5 all I want to do is use the sounds from the
Nord and be able to sustain them.... but as I change my programs on the Korg it affects the Nord. I tried to disenable program change(Krome) which stopped the sounds from being altered(Nord) but now I lost the sustain to the Nord
what am I doing wrong?

Sustain On/Off is a Control Change message, so it sounds like you disabled Control Change messages as well as Program Change messages. Bank Select is also a Control Change message, so it's common to disable Bank Select and Program Change messages at the same time-- but if you want the Sustain messages to be transmitted then you don't want to disable all Control Change messages.

I don't understand what you're trying to do. If all you want to do is send Sustain messages from the Krome to the Electro, why don't you just plug a Sustain Pedal into the Electro and skip the MIDI connection? Is there something else that you're wanting to send from the Krome to the Electro besides Sustain messages?

Sustain On/Off is a Control Change message, so it sounds like you disabled Control Change messages as well as Program Change messages. Bank Select is also a Control Change message, so it's common to disable Bank Select and Program Change messages at the same time-- but if you want the Sustain messages to be transmitted then you don't want to disable all Control Change messages.

I don't understand what you're trying to do. If all you want to do is send Sustain messages from the Krome to the Electro, why don't you just plug a Sustain Pedal into the Electro and skip the MIDI connection? Is there something else that you're wanting to send from the Krome to the Electro besides Sustain messages?

Thanks for your response No! Im using the Piano/strings of the Korg Krome and using lower strings pads etc from the Nord
so I need sustain for both, but when I change the krome prg it changes the Nord so I turned midi enable prg off on the Krome
but then the sustain didn't work so that's my issue
Im using both keyboards

While i'm not familiar with your instruments, specifically, generally speaking you get to accept midi or not.

Some instruments can be picky.

What I've found is that IF you accept midi THEN the instrument gives you choices of what midi. That's when the menu hunting starts.

So you probably need to go in there and figure out what makes it think that "oh yes, I want full midi, just not for program changes"

If you're using both instruments, and one isn't remote or something, then I'm not sure what this accomplishes. Not being critical, just can't get my head wrapped around what i think i'm seeing.

I run two keyboards on two modules, myself. But the sustain pedal stays with the keyboard and when they 'cross over' they get the full whack of midi. If not, i just alter my fingers a little ;-)

Ponder5

Back