[SOLVED] Hung and overlapping notes in Cubase 5

ace_musicdj

Hai,

So this is my setup.

On my late 2014 Mac, I have Logic Pro X connected to a Novation Impulse and a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP hooked to the monitors.

On my PC, I open Cubase 5 which sends audio to the Focusrite via SPDIF out on a M Audio Delta 2496 and receives MIDI IN from Saffire Pro 24 DSP. I have configured 16 channels of Cubase that would individually respond to each MIDI channel from Logic Pro X.

In logic, I bring up an external MIDI track, configure it to a virtual instrument on my PC (say Halion) and I am able to hear the audio without any problems. I am even able to record my performance without any issues.

During playback however, there is a sort of piling up of notes and unpredictable behavior which stops when I press panic. I tried CC64 etc...all the known hacks. Is there something that I am missing? Or is it a problem with the Pro 24 DSP as many have suggested in this forum?

Last edited:
I guess I haven't found a reason why the Pro 24 DSP is not working properly, but I am now using rtpmidi to send and receive MIDI which is imho way better and faster than the sound card. If you all have better ideas, please let me know. Thanks

Back