how do I control midi -patches -channels -devices with older Mac

mr.maggoo

Ok.... I hope this makes sense:

In my basement "studio" I've got a Mac running Cubase, and I've got several older midi sound modules. EMU Proteus 1000, Dr.Synth, Alesis nanosynth and even an old Roland CM-32L.

Using Cubase, I can easily call up any patch on those devices - stepping through and hearing what I have. But I can only "talk" to one patch at a time. I can't layer, or split...

Just like me and my modules, my controllers are old and don't have the ability to get to other banks. The Proteus and the nanosynth have multiple banks of 128 patches that I can never get to without manually accessing them through the front panels of the modules - or - through software control in Cubase.

So... here's what I want to do and what I want to do it with.:
I've got an older Mac laptop (G3 running OS 10.4) sitting around not really doing anything and wanted to be able to send patch changing information to the modules by the stroke of a key on the laptop keyboard.

In other words, is there a little software package that I could use to send pre-programmed information out to my modules. Just like pressing a "patch" key on a simpler controller, I want to press a "patch" key on my laptop keyboard and change the settings on my modules, including mapping to different modules, and different channels, and different patches.

They'll all be hooked up to a USB to midi interface with a 2 in 4 out midi ports (motu - I think).

Does such a little software beast exist?

Last edited:
Back