Help needed loading new software on TC Helicon Quintet via midi

LFC Pete

Hi guy's
Sorry to be a pain but I need some help with a problem I have, I hope I've posted this on the right forum.
I have recently bought a TC Helicon Quintet from someone on ebay, what the seller failed to tell me was that the unit is loaded with the demo software only, In other words I can't use it.
I have contacted the tec guy's at TC Helicon and they were fantastic, they replied and told me that it's an easy fix and sent me the details of what to do, All I need to do is to load the new updated software onto the unit via midi and it will be as good as new.
My problem is that I don't have any midi equipment at all, I don't use midi so I'm stuck.
I was hoping that I could find someone close by to me in the UK that could possibly help me out.
I'd be willing to send my unit to anyone if I can't find anyone close enough, I can sort the courier to send and receive the unit, that's not a problem.
Hopefully someone out there will be willing and able to help.
There is a list of midi interfaces that are compatible to do the job, I can send all the info.
Thanks in advance
Regards
Pete

If you don't have any interfaces with MIDI, you can get a USB to MIDI converter. They are not very expensive, and for your purpose should do the job. I assume the manufacturer has a away to send the data to the unit, it just uses MIDI to do it? Get a USB/MIDI cable, should be pretty painless and quick.

Thanks David, I appreciate that mate.
I'll contact Henrik at TC Helicon again and ask him if this is possible, I don't understand any of this stuff to be honest, I just bought the unit to use on my live pa gear, It was a bit of a shock to realise it was only loaded with demo software.
Thanks again

Back